Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

ODD Camo cover on this Helmet

Article about: hey guys,,,where is this helmet list for german helmet lot numbers/makers codes..i see references being made to it and i would like to download a copy...

Default ODD Camo cover on this Helmet

WW2 GERMAN M-35 HELMET VERY RARE ORIGINAL, WITH LINER - eBay (item 290523506750 end time Jan-22-11 16:51:02 PST) a look at this and tell me what you guys think.. It looks like a hand made camo pattern and if someone can post the pics off this auction that would be great

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement ODD Camo cover on this Helmet
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: ODD Camo cover on this Helmet

Im on the fence with this one, the seller gives a very tantalising intro stating that you can just see the hint of a red decal under the cloth, for most people that would be just enough to convince them it was SS and to part with that amount of money, but i noticed that he states you cant remove the cloth without damaging it due to it being stuck to the helmet, so i daresay they wouldnt bother but be convinced, also the name, i cant make my mind up as to whether its a clever little play on words meaning thats what you would be if you bought it or if its a real name, ive never seen one like it before and i cant imagine a soldat doing it like that, but i would see what other comments are forthcoming

Buyer beware. In my opinion, bad to the bone. Jim G.

?

Too many questions, if's, whys and wherefores on this one for my liking guys, the biggest ones of which are the questions of (a) Why would a soldier GLUE, (somehow), the cover to the helmet and (b) I, personally, have never seen this type of camouflage pattern on any WWII equipment, covers etc. That doesNOT mean that it didnt exist, just that I have never seen it.
    Those two points alone would be enough to set alarm bells ringing for me.

Just my 2pennorth people

Regards etc

Ian D

AKA: Jimpy

Quote by davejb View Post
    Im on the fence with this one, the seller gives a very tantalising intro stating that you can just see the hint of a red decal under the cloth, for most people that would be just enough to convince them it was SS and to part with that amount of money, but i noticed that he states you cant remove the cloth without damaging it due to it being stuck to the helmet, so i daresay they wouldnt bother but be convinced, also the name, i cant make my mind up as to whether its a clever little play on words meaning thats what you would be if you bought it or if its a real name, ive never seen one like it before and i cant imagine a soldat doing it like that, but i would see what other comments are forthcoming
    I'm on the fence too. It looks at least, to have an original chinstrap - which is a good sign,
    although they can be changed out - but the photos also show different paint colours.
    It could be a DD blue/grey Luft, or a DD applegreen Heer helmet !

I also caught the 'play on words'................!
    Regards,

Steve.

Now I have seen camo glued to helmets before .. I saw it on a helmet that came from the eastern front that had russian camo glued to it ..second the helmet cover looks like a hand painted camo (I.E. deason smocks and pathfinder M42 jump suits) just because we have never seen one like this does not mean its not authentic

?

True, but if it was that rare it would be in the tens of thousands bracket, as for german helmets being overlaid with denison smock camo colours, ive never heard of it, ive never seen one in all the reference books ive read, remember they had two options really, use the standard issue covers or paint the helmet itself, i cannot see why anyone would see the need to paint a piece of cloth very strange camo and glue it to the helmet as taking it off would ruin the cover, , helmets were painted to match the local environment, move from one locale to say 100mile further, the foilage and general landscape would change, not to mention seasonal changes, as for russian camo material, yes more than likely, same as a white piece of cotton with a rubber band to hold it on. I know that every helmet painted were as diverse as to the next , some very crude ,some very elaborate works of art, some with ordinary whitewash but i am still doubtful as to this one

I didn't say it was Denison smock camo ...what i said was that it was hand painted like the denison smock..And who knows if this is real or not?? all i am saying is that it COULD just because its never been in a reference book doesn't mean its not real... As far as gluing the cover to the helmet ..Why not? they(the solider) didn't care if it was a minty authentic SS helmet worth $10,000,000 or what ever to them it was just a helmet and all they cared about was making sure the helmet didn't stick out in the bushes! Could this be a real wartime cover ?? Could be ! there where over 5,000,000 or these helmets made ..Do we know what each and every solider did with his helmet ? Do we know for a fact that they never hand made their own cover ? NO we don't! I 'm not going to bid on it because A: I don't have the money and B: $1,000 is way too much for a helmet.. Just my 2 cents.

This is a fake nothing more.I will sell my ring for 100$ but it is really worth 10000$ .Yes there is some helmets out there with strange camo but this is not one of them look at the botton of the material freshly done.

?

Got to agree with Chris and Jim this one is bad !! Maybe the name in it " Wanke " is a bit of a clue and says it all !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast