Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Odd ebay 'SS' helmet

Article about: Hello! I was looking through ebay, like I do everyday to pass the time, and came across this one a while ago. Now it doesn't specifically say it's an SS helmet, but from what I know, I don't

Default Odd ebay 'SS' helmet

Hello!
    I was looking through ebay, like I do everyday to pass the time, and came across this one a while ago.
    Now it doesn't specifically say it's an SS helmet, but from what I know, I don't think M42 helmets had decals on that side of the helmet, and the only ones that did was SS helmets.
    Now what strikes me as odd is the fact that it's all scraped off, unless it was de-nazified. The paint seems off to me, and the random looking scrapes on it feel odd.

Just wondering what you guys thought on the slight off chance it was a genuine SS helmet
    Odd ebay 'SS' helmetOdd ebay 'SS' helmetOdd ebay 'SS' helmetOdd ebay 'SS' helmetOdd ebay 'SS' helmetOdd ebay 'SS' helmetOdd ebay 'SS' helmetOdd ebay 'SS' helmetOdd ebay 'SS' helmetOdd ebay 'SS' helmetOdd ebay 'SS' helmet

Images courtesy of seller,
    Please and thank you,
    Mason.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Odd ebay 'SS' helmet
    P
    Many

The paint is probably post war, too, but the images are terrible so maybe it was an unissued shell.
    Now, it's a shell manufactured by SE/hkp.. which never manufactured helmets for the SS.
    The inner ring for the liner band is definitely a repro as it's blued and not galvanized with zinc.
    The outer liner band is also fake by the looks of it.
    And of course, the decal doesn't stand much of a chance with everything else already being bad.
    Plus it's ebay.. soo, what do you expect.
    If you are new with helmet collecting, I'd steer clear off eBay.. too much junk being advertised as original over there..
    Best to look at classifieds sections on forums and the like.
    But always post for review before purchase, of course.
    Luis

I would be careful with SS helmets buy on ebay
    The repro decals were relative cheap and the most want to make money with it
    This one is terrible as luis said
    BR
    Bavarian