Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

is this a ok sd m35 or not

Article about: i got this helmet with the ddm35 with the post war liner im still thinking if i should take them back at moment but this helmet looks to me, to be a km helmet but are the skert stamps seem r

Default is this a ok sd m35 or not

i got this helmet with the ddm35 with the post war liner im still thinking if i should take them back at moment but this helmet looks to me, to be a km helmet but are the skert stamps seem right. and decal looks like its hasent had the sealent put over it, theres no out line were it no longer is. the liner has a faint 58 on the inside. on the skert its se64 and on the back its 22000 but the liner is very tight. the km decal should have more of a 3d look would that be right but under the right light i can see faint lines. but thanks for looking. the decal photos are the best i can do with the light ive got at the moment.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture is this a ok sd m35 or not   is this a ok sd m35 or not  

is this a ok sd m35 or not   is this a ok sd m35 or not  

is this a ok sd m35 or not   is this a ok sd m35 or not  

is this a ok sd m35 or not  
    Last edited by geelong; 09-18-2012 at 10:31 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement is this a ok sd m35 or not
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: is this a ok sd m35 or not

Hi Geelong,

By far from any kind of KM expert, I think this one may stand a chance.
    I see a ridge of sorts around the Swaz and wing, it also exhibits the flaking of some KM's I've seen.
    Having said that, I would like to see some more photos of the decal under better, or different light with good close ups.
    I don't see the gold fleck in the decal photo in this post, but that doesn't mean it isn't there.
    As for the lot number, it doesn't align with any known ones on the database I have access to, but that too, is only a small percentage
    of the helmets made for the KM.
    I hope this is of some help, but like I said at the start, I am not any sort of expert.

Brad.

Liner looks good. Decal stands a good chance. Typical flaking seen on many KM decals. A good close up and clear photo of the decal in natural light and at multiple angles would help greatly.

ok will do but dark here now. but i a km with se stamp on it befor i posted this but that could not be right too thanks brad and helmetone that 2nd photos a bit bad sorry

New pics will nail it but I like it matey SE M35 in M40 spec from the factory. It has the same grey/green lines in the decal as my SE M35 KM lid.

?

Looking at the other couple of pics you added, even though not the best pics, I feel more comfortable with what I see.

Brad.

I like what I see too.

Ditto from me also Geelong - shame about the other one but now you see what a liner of the correct vintage wears like for the next time!
    Oh, and there WILL be a next time....and a next, and a next - believe me!
    Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

thanks for looking i hope that i might be starting to learn more now, and i might be able to give advice one day ha

Well that is a nice helmet,i go for a KM on this one.A nice deep tone to the bird and it appears to have the black border around it to(although hard to see).I would snap this one up if you hav'nt already!! Good luck.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast