Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Old helmet or repro?

Article about: I was checking one of my favorite shops and the owner showed me the following German helmet. I'm not sure if it's the real deal or not. Considering no liner or rivets, any help on an ID.. it

Default Re: Old helmet or repro?

And it has an unbordered eagle, so all bordered police decals are fake as well. And it is grey! What does that mean for the tens of thousands of black M34 police helmets? I guess you can lead a horse to water... The tabs are for the leather neck flap that was used on some fire police helmets. I have a dd square dip M34 Luftwaffe crash crew helmet with the prototype small gold leaf eagle that has the tabs and the leather neck flap, definitely NOT a post war fake, as well as an M34 dd fire police helmet with the tabs and the neck flap, also purchased directly from the vet (with a Heer belt and a dagger or 2, all correct period pieces). I doubt that it was common for the vets to hump up common police helmets. The piece Andrew was kind enough to show us IS REAL and he is done a disservice when someone without the requisite expertise so vehemently and incorrectly labels an obviously authentic helmet a fake. That is one of the problems with the forum, which otherwise is a wonderful resource for new collectors and old salts alike. When an uninformed opinion is posted about a helmet it can follow that piece, and can unjustifiably impact its value. I really appreciate the comments posted by those who know what they are talking about, but would ask those without the real knowledge and expertise to be temperate in their postings. Every one is entitled to their own opinion, but we should all be conscious of the limits of our knowledge, and act accordingly. There isn't much more to say about this, other than - Andrew, are you selling the helmet? I might be interested. Jim G.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Old helmet or repro?
    P
    Many

Andrew's helmet is a very nice original item.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Thank you Helmet2id and Ade. i was going to just let it drop. thank you both for your comments. and drdata too.
    andrew

After following the links provided, I agree that it is an original in superb condition. Thank you for sharing the pictures, Andrew!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3