Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Old helmet or repro?

Article about: I was checking one of my favorite shops and the owner showed me the following German helmet. I'm not sure if it's the real deal or not. Considering no liner or rivets, any help on an ID.. it

carolinaskies
    ?

Default Old helmet or repro?

I was checking one of my favorite shops and the owner showed me the following German helmet. I'm not sure if it's the real deal or not. Considering no liner or rivets, any help on an ID.. it has a swastica on one side and looks to have another one on the other but it is illegible.

What should I look for on this helmet the next time I get a chance to look at it? He's asking $325
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Old helmet or repro?   Old helmet or repro?  

2. # ADS

?

Default Re: Old helmet or repro?

:shok_yikesIt looks like a square dip police helmet. Thats far too much money for this particular helmet, if it was fully intact ie liner , pins, and chin strap and better paint work perhaps but not in this state

Quote by davejb View Post
    :shok_yikesIt looks like a square dip police helmet. Thats far too much money for this particular helmet, if it was fully intact ie liner , pins, and chin strap and better paint work perhaps but not in this state
    Hi, i agree, its too much money, my advice is skip this one, keep looking and youll find another one, maybe better than this one.

Best regards
    Nuno

carolinaskies
    ?

Thanks, I will keep looking.

?

that helmet should look like this. let me know if you want this one
    andrew
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Old helmet or repro?   Old helmet or repro?  

Old helmet or repro?   Old helmet or repro?  

for that kind of money you can buy an nice Wehrmacht single decal with liner

Hey Andrew, you know that is a post-war fireman's helmet and not a pre-1945 Polizei right?

?

no i guess i'm not aware of it being post war fire police helmet.. i picked it up from the vet that said he brought it back some years ago. to my knowledge its a pre 45 fire police helmet no one else that has ever seen it thought it was post war. i'm interested in what it is that makes you see something else. i'm not a helmet collector as such. i only have 3 for display.
    andrew

?

my mistake i guess for it to be fire police it should have the silver comb. its actually civic police. rail station guards, factory guards. but pre 1945.
    here is some information on it.
    World war two German helmet types
    andrew

Look I used to buy these for 10 euros slap on two decals and sell them for $100 bucks, these were and still are used by German Firemen but are being replaced by fiberglass helmets and are sold as surplus. Look at the liner, it is not 65 years old.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast