Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

OMG!!! What Next?!!!!!

Article about: LOL, what an abomination of a lid. I mean cant the guy even cut straight! Ah well another one bites the dust alright Jason

?

Default Re: OMG!!! What Next?!!!!!

Quote by KradSpam View Post
    Where is it for sale?
    Probably Snyders LOL.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement OMG!!! What Next?!!!!!
    P
    Many

Real??????

OMG!!! What Next?!!!!!

Quote by kenbent View Post
    Real??????

OMG!!! What Next?!!!!!
    Nope, a cut down M40/42

That beaded would surprise me even for Syndey!

Why?

I know it's a cut down helmet, I just wonder whether it's true that paratroopers used to wear regular combat helmets in combat and whether or not they used to modify them?

"This has been recovered from the village of Rouperoue on the Calvados and Orne regions,of Normandy where elements of the 3rd Fallscrimjager units fought, Icannot prove that this is a field modification, but replacements were huge in numbers in coming into this unit and perhaps it was done for the wearer to fit into the unit undoubtedly a battle of Normandy battle Relic Helmet. With evidence of the chicken wire on the sides and the top,where there are traces of blue and brown paint over the helmet, my theory is that its a replacement from possibly a flack unit. There is documented evidence to show that German paratroopers wore the M36/40 Helmets when they where with these units."

The one in the picture is for sale @ militarymight.co.uk

Quote by Grimebox View Post
    You gentlemen are clearly showing your lack of knowledge. This is one of the rarest most sort after civilian helmets of the Third Reich, it belonged to a 'Falschirm Feuerwehrmann'. These were Firemen who were parachuted into forest areas to fight fires. The RAF specifically bombed the black forest in order to crush the German economy by destroying the wood made to make Germany's best export - the carved black forest bears. I have one for sale for $20,000,000 if anybodies interested?
    I kinda lean in the direction of this story better
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Quote by Danmark View Post
    Signing off boys, up at dawns crack this morning, so like the helmet I too am buggered! .....nighty night!
    Dan
    Who's Dawn ?

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

I don't buy it, IMO a FJ without a jump helmet would just use a regular combat helmet to fight in.

?

Photos show this as well Andy. They weren't doing combat jumps after Crete, and they knew it. No point to spend the time and energy doing this for them. It's fake-speak, just like the "personalized camo" fakes at Oakleafs House of Fake Crap.

It's indeed pretty implausible that a paratrooper would even spend his time doing this. Just to blend in with the rest. The design of their helmets was clearly so to make a parachute jump.

Sellers and their stories...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast