Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

One more helmet need hellp with, bread liner camo strap

Article about: I just need help with this last one of the battle damaged deals. This one is not battle damaged but the seller told me he fixed the leather liner with a little glue since it was separating a

Default One more helmet need hellp with, bread liner camo strap

I just need help with this last one of the battle damaged deals. This one is not battle damaged but the seller told me he fixed the leather liner with a little glue since it was separating a while ago and also its missing the buckle strap. He claims the bread bag strap bin on there forever but how the hell can you tell I do now know. 300 dollars, good or no ? One more helmet need hellp with, bread liner camo strapOne more helmet need hellp with, bread liner camo strapOne more helmet need hellp with, bread liner camo strapOne more helmet need hellp with, bread liner camo strapOne more helmet need hellp with, bread liner camo strapOne more helmet need hellp with, bread liner camo strap

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement One more helmet need hellp with, bread liner camo strap
    P
    Many

Hi, the bread bag straps were commonly used on helmets, but unless you can see that it has really embedded itself with dirt/grime and matching up rust spots, then it could have been put on there yesterday. This one looks a lot cleaner than the helmets well worn surface, so I edge towards yesterday!! Leon.

That liner looks awfully Red...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

leon is right these straps can be added at any time ,purely for display purposes i did the very same thing to my luftwaffe m35 ,if your still in doubt just ask the seller to undo the side hook and inspect the paintwork in that area ,for 300 dollar's it sounds quite a reasonable purchase One more helmet need hellp with, bread liner camo strap

I wonder what the chances are of a returning squaddie actually leaving a bread bag strap on his war trophy ? I wouldn't mind betting it would be removed to see if there were any shields on there.

?

That liner still looks awfully red to me, i would ask for closer pictures of the liners edge ,where it folds over the liner band, to see if the liner is a different colour

As for the liner it does look quite red, but it has the German flat alloy liner pins so i reckon it's just discoloured!....

I think it's just discolored. Im going to get some better photos on whats underneath the bread bag strap and ask about the liner. It could be more "redish"with the picture since these are not the best photos since they are older people taking these photos.

also if you look at the second photo, where the hook is on the lip of the helmet, you can see some wear along that area that blends in some...

To me the helmet is good, liner and all but the bread strap is a after thought. But for the price get it.
    Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast