Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Opinion on camo german Heer helmet

Article about: I would like to hear your opinions on this camo Heer helmet. To me the decal looks too good to be true and it looks like it's been put on afterwards as to the lines around the decal doesn't

Default Opinion on camo german Heer helmet

I would like to hear your opinions on this camo Heer helmet.
    To me the decal looks too good to be true and it looks like it's been put on afterwards as to the lines around the decal doesn't seem to match the wear to the helmet's overall finish.

The camo I can't comment on since i've got no eperience on camo helmets.

The liner also looks quite good compared to the finish on the outside of the helmet.
    What do you guys think?

Opinion on camo german Heer helmetOpinion on camo german Heer helmetOpinion on camo german Heer helmetOpinion on camo german Heer helmetOpinion on camo german Heer helmetOpinion on camo german Heer helmetOpinion on camo german Heer helmet

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Opinion on camo german Heer helmet
    P
    Many

Hi , to be honest, it looks ok to me, it just seems to have been "scrubbed" down. As for the naming, maybe maybe not? Leon.

Well the seller says it's all original so.. it gotta be

Quote by Normandie View Post
    Well the seller says it's all original so.. it gotta be
    Ho ho! I certainly have seen many pourer examples if this is not a good one! Leon.

I am stepping out on this one but I like the looks of it. I believe it is an original camo.
    Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

?

The edges look sanded to me and the liner is a replacement. Later rounded chinstrap bails.

M38
    ?

Looks legit overall to me too. I like the decal and the camo. The liner seems to be a WZ reinforced aluminum so could be anywhere from 1940 to 1943 date but either this is a reissue sgl decal or a transitional sgl decal made around the time they stopped putting on national colors. Either way, it all looks pre-1945 to me. Can you read the liner band date and the lot number? Nice helmet.

Cheers,
    Terry

MAP
    ?

50/50 for me. I would want better pictures.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

ET66, lot nr 4727

I like it too. The decal is a good first pattern ET one and like Steve, i think that the liner has been replaced. Price will be an indicator as a $1000 helmet can be turned into a $3000+ one with some judicious painting and the orange rust bothers me a bit. Unless this has been in a damp area recently it should not look like that. ...
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast