Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

opinion of heer camo helmet NS64

Article about: by davejb I see what you mean about the wings Steve, but what about the bottom edge, the white part , is this normal for the make of decal, as for the helmet itself, looking at all the paint

?

Default opinion of heer camo helmet NS64

hello all,

Please let me know what you think of the camo on this helmet -NS64 batch # D100
    I have not seen a lid with this color? Well let me know.
    thanks
    mdk220
    Attached Images Attached Images opinion of heer camo helmet NS64  opinion of heer camo helmet NS64  opinion of heer camo helmet NS64  opinion of heer camo helmet NS64  opinion of heer camo helmet NS64  opinion of heer camo helmet NS64  opinion of heer camo helmet NS64  opinion of heer camo helmet NS64 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement opinion of heer camo helmet NS64
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: opinion of heer camo helmet NS64

hi , it looks more like a fine coating of rust to my eyes , would need bigger and more detailed pics ....cheers paul

What Paul says above...............
    Regards,

Steve.

?

sorry - better pictures
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture opinion of heer camo helmet NS64   opinion of heer camo helmet NS64  

opinion of heer camo helmet NS64   opinion of heer camo helmet NS64  

opinion of heer camo helmet NS64  

?

I have some serious doubts about this helmet.
    The decal appears to be a Huber Jordan and Koerner but there are a few inconsistansies about it that bother me.
    Looking at the decal the left wing between the 2nd and 3rd wing is farther apart than the right. It is an inconsistency that I have not seen on this type of decal.
    The second thing that makes me wonder is that the decal appears to be over the camo paint.
    The third thing is the cammo color its self. I do not believe that I have seen this color used by itself before.
    I could be wrong though. It has happened before.
    SteveR
    Last edited by SteveR; 04-19-2011 at 06:04 PM.

I agree with Steve ,I think it is a post war norvegian helmet with a added decal.

Chris

?

I see what you mean about the wings Steve, but what about the bottom edge, the white part , is this normal for the make of decal, as for the helmet itself, looking at all the paint, rust and interior, i would cautiously say theres a chance of it being good

?

Thanks for the info and I thought the camo was iffy as the decal shows no sign of the camo. As for the decal - I see what you mean. I am finding out that some of the highly respected sites to buy german helmets has some questionable original helmets. Thanks for forums like this.

thanks again
    mike

?

Quote by cricketchris1944 View Post
    I agree with Steve ,I think it is a post war norvegian helmet with a added decal.

Chris
    that was my first thought there chris, but looking at the overall paint plus the interior paint,im having doubts, the paint the Norwegians used is notoriously hard to remove and 9 times out of 10 leaves bare metal when its done, everyone ive had to remove paint from had just one layer of their colour so i assume they stripped the original colour off first

?

Quote by davejb View Post
    that was my first thought there chris, but looking at the overall paint plus the interior paint,im having doubts, the paint the Norwegians used is notoriously hard to remove and 9 times out of 10 leaves bare metal when its done, everyone ive had to remove paint from had just one layer of their colour so i assume they stripped the original colour off first
    hi , stripping paint of norwegian reissues a hard job, back in the jurassic age i bought 20 of a crowd called sussex armory , anyone who remembers them is showing there age .lol. nearly went insane trying to get the paint off to refurb
    them. ....cheers paul

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast