Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Opinion on this luftschutz decal

Article about: by SteveR I do not like the left bottom leg under the swastica. It has a straight bar on top of it. I have not seen this before on good decals. I am also looking at the original luftschutz d

Default Re: Opinion on this luftschutz decal

Quote by SteveR View Post
    I do not like the left bottom leg under the swastica. It has a straight bar on top of it. I have not seen this before on good decals. I am also looking at the original luftschutz decals over on German Helmet Wahalla.
    The acorns aren't right either. the bottom husks are to thin. Regular ons have 5 stripes the ones on the helmet shown only have 3.
    I think the decal is a fake.
    I know you want one real bad but I don't think this one is it buddy.
    Crap you are correct.
    I just look at my other helmets and on Wahalla.
    Thank you for the info
    chris

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Opinion on this luftschutz decal
    P
    Many

Hmmm I think you are correct, sir. I also don't like the positioning. Looks way off center. Probably an amateur attempt at applying a false decal. Too bad but it sounded too good to be true.

?

Here is a known fake. One of my former helmets. The acorns looks like "yours".

Opinion on this luftschutz decal

Datrus that decal really stands out as a fake. Lettering, dots on the top of the wings are the big give always. The decal on chris's is a little more convincing. I'll have to look more at it on a computer screen. Just got a smart phone and trying to look at decals is making me feel not so "smart."

?

Quote by helmetone View Post
    Datrus that decal really stands out as a fake. Lettering, dots on the top of the wings are the big give always. The decal on chris's is a little more convincing. I'll have to look more at it on a computer screen. Just got a smart phone and trying to look at decals is making me feel not so "smart."
    Sure does. One of my former mistakes. The font is also pretty thin. Was able to return however, after posting it here on forum. Just wanted to show the similarities from a "real" fake. I guess it must be hard to judge from a smart phone display.

Much harder than I thought it would be. Details are good on these phones until you start to zoom in, then they get distorted. I'll add my good luftshutz decal when I can get on a computer.

?

I have been "nerding" with a lot of decals the last 45 min or so, and i begin to doubt this decal is good. I do not know how many variations there is of this decal, but none of the good ones look like this one. Ade has a good one, and there is some differences between them. I think a clearer pic would be needed, preferably without flash. Maybe it's not really needed

?

Ive got to admit that when i first saw the decal i didnt think it was a true application error, its a post war error and i would think more recent than aged, you can accept a relatively small error, either a crease or a small slip but this one is pretty big and i would think if done in period it would have been corrected much better, sorry Chris, the helmets nice but is spoilt with the fake decal

Quote by davejb View Post
    Ive got to admit that when i first saw the decal i didnt think it was a true application error, its a post war error and i would think more recent than aged, you can accept a relatively small error, either a crease or a small slip but this one is pretty big and i would think if done in period it would have been corrected much better, sorry Chris, the helmets nice but is spoilt with the fake decal
    So far I have only seen one good one that a collector has.
    Probably another helmet that I will never be able to find .
    chris

?

Dont give up Chris, they are out there and for reasonable prices, Ill pm you

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast