Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

opinion on luftwaffe helmet.

Article about: by DougB It appears to be a good snakeleg with period removed tricolor. The helmet is an SE it appears, the lot number has the distinctive "1" and this lot number falls smack in th

Hauptman
    ?

Default Re: opinion on luftwaffe helmet.

Is it from a dealer or a collector or ? But especially if a dealer with a decent reputation then I'd say it would be worth a shot to inspect it in person, again if the shipping is not prohibitive as I'm assuming you'd have to eat that both ways if you'd need to return it.

But with ten days hopefully that would give you a chance to get with other collectors/dealers and get it thoroughly checked out. If not good then send it back for full refund.

If you pay via a credit card then you'll have additional protection if say you return it and the money is not refunded.

Just use due diligence if you decide to go for it and hopefully you'll end up with a good original helmet.

Plus... you can always offer $250 due to the condition of the liner, etc. Remember: It never hurts to ask. Worst he can say is no, best... yes and if he makes a counter offer you can hopefully still get him in the lower ballpark.

Dan

2. # ADS

Quote by Hauptman View Post
    Is it from a dealer or a collector or ? But especially if a dealer with a decent reputation then I'd say it would be worth a shot to inspect it in person, again if the shipping is not prohibitive as I'm assuming you'd have to eat that both ways if you'd need to return it.

But with ten days hopefully that would give you a chance to get with other collectors/dealers and get it thoroughly checked out. If not good then send it back for full refund.

If you pay via a credit card then you'll have additional protection if say you return it and the money is not refunded.

Just use due diligence if you decide to go for it and hopefully you'll end up with a good original helmet.

Plus... you can always offer $250 due to the condition of the liner, etc. Remember: It never hurts to ask. Worst he can say is no, best... yes and if he makes a counter offer you can hopefully still get him in the lower ballpark.

Dan
    It is from a website that sells ww1 and ww2 relics battlefield finds and barn found the helmet is suppose from a barn.I have bought stuff from him before but I do not think he is not very knowedgeable I think he just goes by what people tell him.I probably could get a good deal .I do not want to take the chance on not getting my money back.

Thank you for all your help.

?

Quote by Hauptman View Post
    I would add that if this has been faked someone did an excellent job of it. And if going to that much trouble why not create a rarer helmet... SS, Org. Todt, etc?
    Dan
    THey fake toggle ropes and tunic buttons. Its about the money and the margin.

?

It appears to be a good snakeleg with period removed tricolor. The helmet is an SE it appears, the lot number has the distinctive "1" and this lot number falls smack in the middle of the first pattern snake and straight leg decal types.

Here is a photo of mine, with LW snake leg, SE lotnr 3119, not far off this one. Check the inside of the liner, it could be named to a flight school or squadron as was very common in early LW helmets.

Nice tidy lid Doug

Quote by DougB View Post
    It appears to be a good snakeleg with period removed tricolor. The helmet is an SE it appears, the lot number has the distinctive "1" and this lot number falls smack in the middle of the first pattern snake and straight leg decal types.

Here is a photo of mine, with Luftwaffe snake leg, SE lotnr 3119, not far off this one. Check the inside of the liner, it could be named to a flight school or squadron as was very common in early Luftwaffe helmets.
    Thank you ,for the great info.

Quote by DougB View Post

Here is a photo of mine, with Luftwaffe snake leg, SE lotnr 3119, not far off this one. Check the inside of the liner, it could be named to a flight school or squadron as was very common in early Luftwaffe helmets.
    You got a very nice helmet,one that I would like to have.
    Thank you for the pictures.

all things considered,,i believe the decal is legit....

Quote by militarymania View Post
    all things considered,,i believe the decal is legit....
    I ask a couple of guys on this one and they say it was good,I also did some research myself and I fell good about it.This would be my only first pattern luftwaffe helmet I would have.The ones that I have seen were going for beaucoup dollars so this would be a good deal for me .

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast