Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

opinion on luftwaffe helmet.

Article about: by DougB It appears to be a good snakeleg with period removed tricolor. The helmet is an SE it appears, the lot number has the distinctive "1" and this lot number falls smack in th

Default Re: opinion on luftwaffe helmet.

Quote by FJ5 chally View Post
    Im sorry you dont like the camo paint, thats your opinion, but hey I like it, and for 150.00 USD from a VET who is 97 years old and who had this forever, I think it is a good find..Its the same color the germans painted their vehicles with, and we all know the artillary loved to camo their helmets, which this is..And a radio operatatior as well!!!
    If you like it ,that's all that counts
    For the story, I sadlly can say we all know old man who gave even for free bad things , it's why I first trust in my knowledge before the story
    Just for info , my brother in law lives in Normandy and always told me he had a german helmet from his father in the family house. Sadly when he gave it to me as gift few years after , it was a great flashy green repainted shell with a funny "home made" insignia

I must say I like camos and tan camos in peculiar , it's why I would have liked to see yours closer here are few ones of mine
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0009lo.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	56.0 KB 
ID:	126046  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

I like that first aid helmet so hard to find one that is original .Lucky guy.

Quote by cricketchris1944 View Post
    I like that first aid helmet so hard to find one that is original .Lucky guy.
    Chris if you are talking about the medic helmet , it is unique and the only one I know (tan) camouflaged I was very lucky to find it and come from Bayeux !
    Medic helmets indeed are very scare and sadly so often faked that you have to take care

Quote by francis006 View Post
    Chris if you are talking about the medic helmet , it is unique and the only one I know (tan) camouflaged I was very lucky to find it and come from Bayeux !
    Medic helmets indeed are very scare and sadly so often faked that you have to take care
    I was in Bayeux for school for years.I did pick-up alot of stuff around that area.Did you look at my SS camo helmet that I pick-up in Normandy about 20 years ago I have it posted on one of my threads.You have a very nice helmet that I would love to have in my collection very hard to find .

I was in Bayeux for school for years.I did pick-up alot of stuff around that area.Did you look at my SS camo helmet that I pick-up in Normandy about 20 years ago I have it posted on one of my threads.You have a very nice helmet that I would love to have in my collection very hard to find .
    Funny you were in a French school
    I just read your thread and indeed a nice looking helmet which also would deserve much better pics I must say it's the kind of helmet I like collecting

I really love the ww2 style German helmet's, I always watch the military channel alot, one of the better episodes had the top ten armor invention's, The German helmet was # 7 on the list, because of protection factor, etc I guess that's why the American kevlar tried to copy it, but I hated those kevlar lump's. thank's everyone for showing your pic's. I enjoyed everyone of them.

regards Marty

Did you say M38 helmet with SS decal?
    GOOD EYES

I did say M38 with SS decal , Im so sorry to misrepresent, I was thinking about the SS helmet and the P38 I had at the same time (kinda two birds thing)..The helmet is a M35 SS, and I also have a French made P38 newer made but is the SAME exact thing to shoot (keeps me from shooting my real one and gives the same effect)!!!

If you like it ,that's all that counts
    For the story, I sadlly can say we all know old man who gave even for free bad things , it's why I first trust in my knowledge before the story
    Just for info , my brother in law lives in Normandy and always told me he had a german helmet from his father in the family house. Sadly when he gave it to me as gift few years after , it was a great flashy green repainted shell with a funny "home made" insignia

I must say I like camos and tan camos in peculiar , it's why I would have liked to see yours closer here are few ones of mine
    LOVE THE Luftwaffe camo helmet, and the red cross one is cool too..I was at a military collector show here and I saw a german helmet with the decal scraped off totaly and had MP painted on the front of it, I passed on it, but I never thought about it till now, does anyone have any info on that by chance?? is it a rare piece??
    The "MP" part was bearly legidable but there, and the helmet seemed black in color if I recall correctly..

Funny you were in a French school
    I just read your thread and indeed a nice looking helmet which also would deserve much better pics I must say it's the kind of helmet I like collecting
    Here the pictures you ask for.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	026.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	247.5 KB 
ID:	126306   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	027.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	252.1 KB 
ID:	126308  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	028.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	247.7 KB 
ID:	126310   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	029.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	249.2 KB 
ID:	126315  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	030.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	266.4 KB 
ID:	126316   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	031.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	261.9 KB 
ID:	126317  

Thanks Chris
    May be this helmet could come back to France one day ?

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast