Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

opinion on luftwaffe helmet.

Article about: by DougB It appears to be a good snakeleg with period removed tricolor. The helmet is an SE it appears, the lot number has the distinctive "1" and this lot number falls smack in th

Default luftwaffe helmet.

What is you guys opinion on this .I would like to buy it but I am not sure about the decal do not know much on the first patern luftwaffe eagle.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture opinion on luftwaffe helmet.   opinion on luftwaffe helmet.  

opinion on luftwaffe helmet.   opinion on luftwaffe helmet.  

opinion on luftwaffe helmet.   opinion on luftwaffe helmet.  

Last edited by cricketchris1944; 07-10-2010 at 05:42 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement opinion on luftwaffe helmet.
    P
    Many

Default Re: opinion on luftwaffe helmet.

I am not that much of an expert (yet) but just by googling "Luftwaffe eagle", I found that this one was different than the others. I guess it is fake.
    If I am wrong I am sorry, but I dunno.

Luftwaffe Eagle - Google Search

The eagle is correct ,it is the first patern but would like to know if this one is original.

Ah ok
    Sorry, yeah there is a difference between the 1st and 2nd pattern decal.
    Alright, well in my opinion it looks very well preserved or has been re-added and correctly aged. I feel like saying it is fake, but that is just my opinion.
    You would do better just ignoring me

Hauptman
    ?

This looks good to me. I'm not an expert but from one I owned, others I've seen and handled it has a good look to it. I've also just checked in one of my refs (can't ever have enough of those!)... German Helmets 1933-1945 Volume II A Collector's Guide by T.V. Goodapple, W.R. Maertz and R.J. Weinand. In the color section on insignias, page 144 it shows the one you have as being the "snake leg" drooptail eagle.

Dan
    Last edited by Hauptman; 07-10-2010 at 12:14 AM.

Quote by Hauptman View Post
    This looks good to me. I'm not an expert but from one I owned, others I've seen and handled it has a good look to it. I've also just checked in one of my refs (can't ever have enough of those!)... German Helmets 1933-1945 Volume II A Collector's Guide by T.V. Goodapple, W.R. Maertz and R.J. Weinand. In the color section on insignias, page 144 it shows the one you have as being the "snake leg" drooptail eagle.

I've just joined this forum and I'm still trying to figure my way around but give me a few minutes and I'll try to do a scan and post it.

Dan
    Welcome to the forum,it is alot of fun and a great place for collectors and guys that like history.

Hauptman
    ?

Many thanks! It's great to be here. Was invited the other night by my friend Perce. My main home forum wise has been GMIC for years although I am a member of SAF as well as the Aerodrome Forum.

I've been reading many of the posts over the last couple of days and viewing the fantastic pics of items that have been found. The members here are doing a terrific job in preserving history that otherwise would stay in the ground and continue to deteriorate over time. I applaud you all!

As a detectorist I've managed to find a few items but nothing to compare with what I've seen here. Although I hope to post what I've found soon along with what is left of an attic find I obtained about twenty plus years ago.

Anyhow hope my posting on this thread helps. It's a nice looking helmet and one I'm sure any collector would be proud to have in his/her collection... I know I would, especially as I had to sell my only original Luft DD many moons ago. Sure wish I still had it. Will have to see if I still have pictures of it although it's been ages.

Dan

Quote by Hauptman View Post
    Many thanks! It's great to be here. Was invited the other night by my friend Perce. My main home forum wise has been GMIC for years although I am a member of SAF as well as the Aerodrome Forum.

I've been reading many of the posts over the last couple of days and viewing the fantastic pics of items that have been found. The members here are doing a terrific job in preserving history that otherwise would stay in the ground and continue to deteriorate over time. I applaud you all!

As a detectorist I've managed to find a few items but nothing to compare with what I've seen here. Although I hope to post what I've found soon along with what is left of an attic find I obtained about twenty plus years ago.

Anyhow hope my posting on this thread helps. It's a nice looking helmet and one I'm sure any collector would be proud to have in his/her collection... I know I would, especially as I had to sell my only original Luft double decal many moons ago. Sure wish I still had it. Will have to see if I still have pictures of it although it's been ages.

Dan
    Thank you for the pictures,look at my other threads some very nice battlefield relics in them.

?

Chris, from where im sitting it looks ok but id like to see it with that dust removed, from the whole helmet as it looks recent, also whats the mnftr

Hauptman
    ?

I would add that if this has been faked someone did an excellent job of it. And if going to that much trouble why not create a rarer helmet... SS, Org. Todt, etc?

If nothing else over the years I've learned to never be surprised at what turns out to be fake in TR items. But if I saw this for sale at a good price and I had the money to spare I'd grab it. But of course always best if you have the option to do just this and check with others to make sure before you leap.

Dan

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast