Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Opinion on M35 Helmet

Article about: All to add that already hasn't been said is original M-35 DD as stated Herr by ET suffers from poor storage might clean up a bit having said that I have owned many like it that turned out ok

?

Hi Donald
    Gents what is that on the front of the helmet maybe its only me Doug as usual appears to have been there a long time?

Eric

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Opinion on M35 Helmet
    P
    Many

Hi Eric,

It is an abrasion to the front of the helmet, it was there when I purchased it

Best

Don S

Doug,

Thank you very much for the suggestion on the books. I look forward to getting them & adding them to my reference library

Best

Don S

?

Quote by Donald F Smith View Post
    Doug,

Thank you very much for the suggestion on the books. I look forward to getting them & adding them to my reference library

Best

Don S
    Don
    Remember many modern ref books are authored by dealers in layman's terms be wary of real estate brokers if you've been reading here and elsewhere for four years you may end up paying a lot of money to just look at pictures.
    With some hands on knowledge and the wonders of the web nowadays I wouldn't spend too much on books chum.

Eric

?

In my opinion reference books are a good tool, Even mechanics use reference books to fix engines..G

?

Quote by Unterstand View Post
    Don
    Remember many modern ref books are authored by dealers in layman's terms be wary of real estate brokers if you've been reading here and elsewhere for four years you may end up paying a lot of money to just look at pictures.
    With some hands on knowledge and the wonders of the web nowadays I wouldn't spend too much on books chum.

Eric
    The books I mentioned by Ken and Kelly are absolute must have's and contain context, content, background, and data not easily found on forums. The photos of decals and information in the photo captions are also invaluable. The Ludwig Baer book is not written by a dealer and is known as the Bible of helmets. Forums alone are dangerous IMO and the well balanced knowledgeable collector will have some key reference books, utilize group discussion on forums, and have a wealth of hands on experience. All 3 are invaluable to creating the base of knowledge a modern and knowledgeable collector requires.

?

Quote by DougB View Post
    The books I mentioned by Ken and Kelly are absolute must have's and contain context, content, background, and data not easily found on forums. The photos of decals and information in the photo captions are also invaluable. The Ludwig Baer book is not written by a dealer and is known as the Bible of helmets. Forums alone are dangerous IMO and the well balanced knowledgeable collector will have some key reference books, utilize group discussion on forums, and have a wealth of hands on experience. All 3 are invaluable to creating the base of knowledge a modern and knowledgeable collector requires.
    I'm well aware of Baer and have a copy do the works you mention contain the archived period files on camo and helmet finishes seeing the vast majority of questions on forums are over paint and decals?

?

Quote by Unterstand View Post
    I'm well aware of Baer and have a copy do the works you mention contain the archived period files on camo and helmet finishes seeing the vast majority of questions on forums are over paint and decals?
    Why don't you buy them and find out for yourself.

The books are well worth the purchase, it would take you months to trawl through the forums to compile an equivalent resource that you can carry around with you. Even then there is much you would miss in terms of context and details. Considering the price of these things spending $300 on books is practically free.

?

Quote by DougB View Post
    Why don't you buy them and find out for yourself.
    Thanks for the help

Eric

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast