Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Opinion on M42 camo helmet?

Article about: by DougB Buying a camo on eBay is like shopping for luxury brand name products in a street fair in Taiwan. Haha.. I guess you are right Looks like someone out there believe it is real camo p

?

Default Opinion on M42 camo helmet?

Hello all. I am a new member here and would like to ask for your opinions on this camo helmet?
    For me it is hard to judge if the paint is original or not. What do you think?

Regards
    Sander
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Opinion on M42 camo helmet?   Opinion on M42 camo helmet?  

Opinion on M42 camo helmet?   Opinion on M42 camo helmet?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Opinion on M42 camo helmet?
    P
    Many

Tough, it has a chance. The liner has been out of it at one time though. What is the source?

?

I was just looking at this one on ebay this morning. I got sidetracked and didn't post it
    The thing that bothered me was the liner pins. They have been messed with. Also, the camo is under the skirt. Typically, the camo is only on the outer shell. Too many red flags for me. There are some VERY convincing fakers on eBay , so be careful, Sander
    Oh, And, "Welcome!!".
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Opinion on M42 camo helmet?   Opinion on M42 camo helmet?  

I'm not comfortable with the pins. They show signs of being re bent. I'll leave the paint to more experienced Camo collectors. It's not in my comfort zone right now.

Edit: to add to deans observations, the paint goes onto the underside of the skirt but none appears to be on the liner leather. Id walk away at this point.

Not happy with it!......

?

This stuff is scarier than Freddy Kreuger, run away!!

-Edit-

By "scary", I mean its scary how these can be so tricky to tell wether real or not
    Last edited by Dean; 09-26-2013 at 10:55 AM.

?

Here is another I was looking at on eBay. This one is more convincing.

?

Buying a camo on eBay is like shopping for luxury brand name products in a street fair in Taiwan.

Quote by DougB View Post
    Buying a camo on eBay is like shopping for luxury brand name products in a street fair in Taiwan.
    Or Ping and Titleist golf clubs in china.

?

Got to admit the first helmet could fool a great many people, but apart from the pins ,which IMO have been out at least once, the liner band does'nt match the condition of the helmet, the springs in particular have no age to them whereas the pins and washers show corrosion and none on the band, the second helmet again has its faults, namely the almost clean untouched liner which certainly does'nt match the overall condition of the interior

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast