Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Opinions on 2 M42's - Heer and SS - Legit?

Article about: Hey guys, So there are 2 helmets here that I am looking for opinions. I own the Heer (or possibly kriegsmarine?) M42 - the SS M42 I am considering buying. Here are some pics: And the SS: I a

Just curious -- I have read about the NS/SE champagne decals and this does seem to fit the bill...the maker (ckl 64) and lot no. (575) are within the ranges for the m42 NS/SE SS helmets. Could this be legit with this being considered??? Also -- the bottom may be slightly sharper than pictured, is that possible?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Quote by klashownz View Post
    Just curious -- I have read about the NS/SE champagne decals and this does seem to fit the bill...the maker (ckl 64) and lot no. (575) are within the ranges for the m42 NS/SE SS helmets. Could this be legit with this being considered??? Also -- the bottom may be slightly sharper than pictured, is that possible?
    No mate, have a look at the SS decal reference section that Doug has "pinned" as a learning tool on the forum, you will see for yourself that this one is not close to a "champagne" decal, also lot numbers are only a point of interest as they do not determine branch of service with any accuracy. Leon.
    "Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." Ernest Hemingway

When I saw this I was going to say toned Heer Not KM that one is easy to tell I think the SS guys that know have spoken on it. timothy

?

LOL I just realized now the Heer is yours. You were posting your own "faker pics" :-)

I thought you were trying to buy it.

The SS decal is not a good one. Don't try making it something it's not or you'll be spending money foolishly.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12