Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Opinions on 2 M42's - Heer and SS - Legit?

Article about: Hey guys, So there are 2 helmets here that I am looking for opinions. I own the Heer (or possibly kriegsmarine?) M42 - the SS M42 I am considering buying. Here are some pics: And the SS: I a

Default Opinions on 2 M42's - Heer and SS - Legit?

Hey guys,

So there are 2 helmets here that I am looking for opinions. I own the Heer (or possibly kriegsmarine?) M42 - the SS M42 I am considering buying. Here are some pics:

Opinions on 2 M42's - Heer and SS - Legit?Opinions on 2 M42's - Heer and SS - Legit?Opinions on 2 M42's - Heer and SS - Legit?Opinions on 2 M42's - Heer and SS - Legit?

And the SS:

Opinions on 2 M42's - Heer and SS - Legit?Opinions on 2 M42's - Heer and SS - Legit?Opinions on 2 M42's - Heer and SS - Legit?Opinions on 2 M42's - Heer and SS - Legit?

I appreciate your opinions! Thanks.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Opinions on 2 M42's - Heer and SS - Legit?
    P
    Many

SS decal is a 'round bottom' fake.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Yeah I wasn't too sure about that SS one...I mean the paint underneath also looks completely different from the rest of the shell and the innards look too new. Thanks for the input. What do ya think about the other?

?

If a seller sends you photos like the one your asking about, just walk away. Hes trying to hide the details in the (what appears to be fake) decal by giving you weird angles. Dont waste your time with wankers like that. Insist on good photos. If the seller cannot provide them then tell them to bugger off. There are plenty good helmets out there.

The SS is trash.

Hi, your helmet is a HEER helmet and defiantly not a KM as the tone of the decal is nowhere near gold enough to be a KM, but much better images of the decal from a straight on position are a must to be sure that the decal is a good one. The SS is a fake ET type decal with obvious signs of artificial wear to it, note the "scratches" that are across it. They are the same size and width, and yet are not anywhere else on the surface of the helmet. The old "screwdriver" has been out again!! Leon.

Here are 2 more pics...a better one of the decal and the batch no.

Opinions on 2 M42's - Heer and SS - Legit?Opinions on 2 M42's - Heer and SS - Legit?

Looks like a Heer lid to me!...

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Opinions on 2 M42's - Heer and SS - Legit?   Opinions on 2 M42's - Heer and SS - Legit?  

Regards,

Steve.

LOL Thank you...I don't understand why it keeps flipping them on me, they all are straight on my desktop and elsewhere I post them! Thanks again

?

Looks good but a Heer. Beware sideways shots and weird angles. Classic faker pics. Always demand good photos. An honest seller will have no problem getting you what you want.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast