Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Opinions on this Camo Helmet

Article about: Just wanted to know what you guys think about this camo helmet. I used to be owned by long time member Tom Kibler before 05. Just wanted to get some current opinions on it. Also what front d

Default Opinions on this Camo Helmet

Just wanted to know what you guys think about this camo helmet. I used to be owned by long time member Tom Kibler before 05. Just wanted to get some current opinions on it. Also what front do you think that this camo is from? It has a Heer decal barely visible thought the paint. Also has while paint on the chinstrap near the liner and a grayish white painted chinstrap buckle. I don't really see any shades of brown anywhere mostly shades of greens and yellows.

Any comments and opinions on this piece would be greatly appreciated!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Opinions on this Camo Helmet   Opinions on this Camo Helmet  

Opinions on this Camo Helmet   Opinions on this Camo Helmet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Opinions on this Camo Helmet
    P
    Many

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Opinions on this Camo Helmet   Opinions on this Camo Helmet  

I find it to be a lovely camo. How can anyone say anything negative ? Nice pick-up. The buckle is just a wartime gray painted one. The helmet was probably a re-issue due to the wartime liner & strap. Looks like the inside skirt was repainted in a light texture paint. Theatre of operation ? Impossible to tell.

Looking again...is the strap dated ? Looks to be an aluminum buckle that was painted. Possibly the original early chinstrap

Quote by real steel View Post
    I find it to be a lovely camo. How can anyone say anything negative ? Nice pick-up. The buckle is just a wartime gray painted one. The helmet was probably a re-issue due to the wartime liner & strap. Looks like the inside skirt was repainted in a light texture paint. Theatre of operation ? Impossible to tell.

Looking again...is the strap dated ? Looks to be an aluminum buckle that was painted. Possibly the original early chinstrap
    It does have a maker mark that I can't make out but I can see that it is dated 1941

That's fine. Aluminum buckles were issued early war to mid war. There are even very late buckles made of aluminum. The inside dome looks like the original NS factory paint, which it should be. Again...nice helmet I would proudly own. A battle worn veteran

I have known Tom K. for many years. Most of his helmets were Vet acquired, some with provenance. But aside from that...the helmet is a "one looker"

Quote by real steel View Post
    That's fine. Aluminum buckles were issued early war to mid war. There are even very late buckles made of aluminum. The inside dome looks like the original NS factory paint, which it should be. Again...nice helmet I would proudly own. A battle worn veteran

I have known Tom K. for many years. Most of his helmets were Vet acquired, some with provenance. But aside from that...the helmet is a "one looker"
    I was in contact with Tom K before I made the purchase. Unfortunately he could not remember any history on this helmet. He did however still have the pictures that he took of it in 2005.

?

Speaks the combat vet lingo and has lots of character.

Robt.

Hi, I see no issues with it at all, lovely wear patina to the cammo and paintwork that matches up perfectly, a good combat used HEER helmet, nice buy. Leon.

Nothing to add , a nice original camo.