Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Opinions on this Civic police DD addition

Article about: I am on 3 of there. But if you are going to collect helmet Walhalla is a must. Great information chris

Default Opinions on this Civic police DD addition

Hey all, Ive been looking into adding a civil lid to my ever growing beginner collection because they are low cost and double decaled, I almost bought a different one but someone beat me too it, so what do you think about this one? decals are very nice and clean and so is the lid, the liner is named and I believe original, do the decals look good? they are near mint condition so I wonder if this helmet was just put away and kept clean or added on.
    Thanks for all the help.
    Opinions on this Civic police DD additionOpinions on this Civic police DD additionOpinions on this Civic police DD additionOpinions on this Civic police DD additionOpinions on this Civic police DD additionOpinions on this Civic police DD additionOpinions on this Civic police DD additionOpinions on this Civic police DD additionOpinions on this Civic police DD addition

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Opinions on this Civic police DD addition
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Opinions on this Civic police DD addition

Although the police decal looks like a misprint i think it may be ok, the party decal has that"orange peel " look to it, again looks to be ok, the helmet is in very good condition with a clean liner, dome pad, and what appears to be period liner cord, the helmet is original square dip style, it all depends on price

Thanks Dave! I always examine them closely and get opinions here before I keep them, the decals under magnification look good and show age and minuscle cracks, but the police decal does as you say look misprinted, or different compared to others, but ive seen so many diff and strange looking police decals that were original and deemed good that it made me wonder if they had diff styles or designs, that is why I was thinking fake, I get so confused and there is so much to learn within this hobby its sometimes overwhelming, anyway, everything else matches up from the paint having that new yet old patina coat to it and the liner with minor aging cracks, I cannot see a maker mark cleary, I can almost make out the letters HAL but my eyes may be playing tricks on me. not sure if it says THALE or maybe its just an A, not sure how they marked these.
    oh and the price is 3 bills.

?

Well as i say everything looks "ok" but its always advisable to see if there are other comments, as this is only one opinion, the price seems reasonable for a helmet in that condition

I like the look of it. Good from what I can tell........
    Regards,

Steve.

I find this helmet very interesting.
    The air vents on the left side are not on the same level.
    I have not seen another police decal like this I look at Walhalla and on the web no luck.
    the wings on the decal look to have an edge.
    I think the helmet is good.
    Chris

I find this helmet very interesting.
    The air vents on the left side are not on the same level.
    I have not seen another police decal like this I look at Walhalla and on the web no luck.
    the wings on the decal look to have an edge.
    I think the helmet is good.
    Chris
    Yes the air vents dont line up on the national decal side, and if you look close there is a band of slighty uneven almost waffle effect along the air vents on that side, the front and the rest of the helmet is smooth so I believe that some kind of machine or human error occured when the helmet was being smoothed out or formed thus explaining the uneven vents. the decals look period applied from what I can see and the faint maker markings on the underside of the back appear to be an A that looks like a V, assmann maker? and I believe now the faint lettering says esthale which Ive seen on other lids like this.
    P.S- what is Walhalla??
    Last edited by maximus71; 08-23-2012 at 08:03 AM.

Looks like an honest one to me as well, really nice condition too with a couple of funky errors to make it more interesting

German helmet walhalla.
    Website with great info about helmets.
    chris

thanks chris, I can only keep up with one forum lol

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast