Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Opinions on this Ex Wire Camo Helmet

Article about: I have been offered this helmet. It seems to have once had wire camo on it but has been taken off yet is still visible in the paint. My main question is about the liner. I have not seen a li

Default Opinions on this Ex Wire Camo Helmet

I have been offered this helmet. It seems to have once had wire camo on it but has been taken off yet is still visible in the paint. My main question is about the liner. I have not seen a liner that looks like this before so wanted to get opinions on it. Also does the name on it look like it matches the helmet?

Any and all opinions and comments are greatly appreciated. Need replies ASAP! Thanks!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Opinions on this Ex Wire Camo Helmet   Opinions on this Ex Wire Camo Helmet  

Opinions on this Ex Wire Camo Helmet   Opinions on this Ex Wire Camo Helmet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Opinions on this Ex Wire Camo Helmet
    P
    Many

The liner to me looks sketchy, but i'm not an expert by a long shot. The name looks okay, but again, I have never seen helmets with a name on it in person. But all in all, this looks like a nice helmet.

Quote by MedicalAmmunitionCrate View Post
    The liner to me looks sketchy, but i'm not an expert by a long shot. The name looks okay, but again, I have never seen helmets with a name on it in person. But all in all, this looks like a nice helmet.
    Likewise...I have not seen one in person neither

I'm always very wary of names painted on helmet skirts. Legitimate ones do exist, but it's a common method used by fakers to embellish a piece and push up the value.

Regards, B.B.

I see no problem. A pigskin liner in a late war NS 66 M42. Got 8 &1/2 fingers. Adds up to me. The white painted name is anyones guess for originality. Adds nothing to the value IMO... The camo green looks real to me. Looking again...the front pins may be pulled due to the wire might have been wrapped around the front pins. Seems it was a very thin wire attached, have seen it before. The wear marks on the front, first pic are from the wire I would think.
    Last edited by real steel; 02-06-2018 at 01:55 AM.

MAP
    ?

Good call on the pins David. That was my guess as well.

Overall I like it.

Personally I like named helmets and would consider paying a tiny bit more but only if everything adds up and the name was unique in a way. Once you have it in hand. Look at the name. These were typically applied with a thin brush and I often find quite thickly. You can see under a loop, age related evidence (but not always).

This isn't a "named" helmet but this photo is from a vet art helmet. You can clearly see how this thick type of paint ages...expand the photo. It is very high resolution

Opinions on this Ex Wire Camo Helmet
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

If we are dealing with a feldpost #..a unit ID...SS rank ID or regiment markings, those can up the value. A name painted ...well some collectors value it, others don't. personally I can do without..just one more thing to question.

Hi mega, I'm with the others here, liner is no worries, a late war pig skin, the pins appear to have had the wire looped under them hence the looseness. The naming may or may not be period, but as the rest all looks ok I would give it the benefit of the doubt. Leon.

I think it is a very cool looking helmet even without the wire ghosting which enhances the look.
    This site has a good photo of another pig skin liner to compare.
    nick

Quote by HoundsTooth View Post
    I think it is a very cool looking helmet even without the wire ghosting which enhances the look.
    This site has a good photo of another pig skin liner to compare.
    nick
    Thank you for the very helpful link!

I am trying to haggle with the seller but she won't seem to budge. I hope that I can get the price down a little more or I may not be able to pull the trigger on it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast