Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Opinions on this helmet

Article about: I mayyyy be wrong, but i think for blitz the color is not right....please correct me if i`m wrong. Matt

Default Opinions on this helmet

....hi guys whats your opinion on this helmet...supposed to be a rare SICHERHEITSDIENSTE HELMET???.....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Opinions on this helmet   Opinions on this helmet  

Opinions on this helmet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Opinions on this helmet
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Opinions on this helmet

Fake decals i'm afraid
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Hi,
    as paul says fake decals, scratch them with your finger nail it will come off. Helmet looks ok.
    Dave

Shell is fine, The interior paint is as well. The remains of the liner are also original, but I suspect that the exterior paint is post war. Unless it is really cheap and you want to take a chance to see if there is anything under the exterior paint, I would suggest that you save your money. Jim G.

Quote by Panzer 3 View Post
    Hi,
    as paul says fake decals, scratch them with your finger nail it will come off. Helmet looks ok.
    Dave
    Whatever you do never scratch decals with your fingernails as originals can be damaged this way as well.
    The fingernail thing is a fairytale.

The decals of the subject helmet are fakes.

...gee thanks...its on an auction site and they want 3000-4000 !!!!.....seems like the old thing again...if it was original it would be for sale on a reputable militaria site...i hope no poor soul buys it for that price...its not fair how people try and make quick money...i bet all the others they have too are fakes aswell...they have a few of them and want thousands for them....

As an original shell it may be worth $200-$300 tops. Selling it as an original SS SD for that price is wrong. Perhaps the seller should be contacted to advise him/her that it isn't correct, and hopefully that information will be passed on to potential bidders, if, of course, the seller believes the info and is reputable. I have occasionally advised a seller on ebay that a piece wasn't correct, and on one or 2 occasions, the seller posted the information. Sadly, on several other occasions the seller ignored the information and the pieces sold for big bucks to unsuspecting bidders. Two of the fake pieces were the subject of a thread a while ago, the RZM and the Ear Cut Out listed by the same seller from Belgium. Jim G.

?

no, the decals are not original..

?

Quote by aussielad View Post
    ...gee thanks...its on an auction site and they want 3000-4000 !!!!.....seems like the old thing again...if it was original it would be for sale on a reputable militaria site...i hope no poor soul buys it for that price...its not fair how people try and make quick money...i bet all the others they have too are fakes aswell...they have a few of them and want thousands for them....
    At that price it's a straight forward Fraud
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

Quote by Panzer 3 View Post
    Hi,
    Dave
    Well yea, but not all them...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast