Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Opinions Luftwaffe SD HKP64

Article about: by CSM Gray If the liner is in such good shape what happened to the chinstrap? so what are your thoughts on the liner guys? to me thats the only questionable part of the helmet. Hi there, th

Default Re: Opinions Luftwaffe SD HKP64

Quote by CSM Gray View Post
    If the liner is in such good shape what happened to the chinstrap? so what are your thoughts on the liner guys? to me thats the only questionable part of the helmet.
    Hi there, the decal is a good one,the paint is also in great condition.As for you concerns about the liner,it is quite possible that it is an original liner that has replaced the original one but without close ups of the pins i would not commit one way or the other as this one does not look out of place in the helmet. The only pin you can see in the pictures does look loose but that is common on M42's,it would only be if all 3 pins were loose that i would worry about this liner. Just my opinion, Leon.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Opinions Luftwaffe SD HKP64
    P
    Many

I have a HKP66 with a similar chamois-like liner that has been given a thumbs up wherever it has been posted.
    I would likewise give yours one too.
    Cheers, Dan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Opinions Luftwaffe SD HKP64   Opinions Luftwaffe SD HKP64  

Opinions Luftwaffe SD HKP64   Opinions Luftwaffe SD HKP64  

" I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Quote by Danmark View Post
    I have a HKP66 with a similar chamois-like liner that has been given a thumbs up wherever it has been posted.
    I would likewise give yours one too.
    Cheers, Dan
    Would need to see better pics of that leather Dan , the leather hasn't shaped to a head yet (odd folds) so that makes these tough to authenticate.
    Of the topic helmet , the first pics don't come up. Only the decal photo and the liner photos.
    Would request larger photos to proceed.

These liners have a "chamois" look to them but sort of a "papery" feel - I have seen a few HKp lids with them. My helmet got a guernsey from you last year Frank https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/steel...dition-163666/ - you will make me paranoid if doubts arise again!

Sorry Dan , I see probably thousands of topics per year so it's hard to remember what I gave a thumbs up.
    The folds typically show that the liner is in unworn or barely worn state , which is typical of some fakes. That's why I good close inspection is always warranted when coming across such an example. It comes from an experienced source so it should be all good. Sorry for raising your heartbeat

Thanks Frank, my BP did rise a bit
    Damn this is a stressful hobby at times .........

is $600 a good price? I was told by a member to try to get it for around $500 I sent that as a offer but he has not responded yet.

?

Apparently this is the one you have been struggling to post larger pictures of on GHW. Looks legit, but a decal close up would seal it.
    Regards,
    John

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2