Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Opinions on M16 Camo Stahlhelm - Unusual pattern/colours

Article about: Hi All, I posted these pics in the Imperial forum but didn't receive a whole lot of feedback, I was hoping our local Stahlhelm experten might have some thoughts and opinions on this piece? M

?

Default Opinions on M16 Camo Stahlhelm - Unusual pattern/colours

Hi All,

I posted these pics in the Imperial forum but didn't receive a whole lot of feedback, I was hoping our local Stahlhelm experten might have some thoughts and opinions on this piece? My thoughts (although I want to think it's real...) are as follows -

1. Camo pale green segments - seems very "vibrant"- Although there do seem to be a few different green shades used in the ww1 camo schemes it's quite unusual.....

2. The texture of the applied camo - It's pretty rough. If it's field applied it may well be legit, but even so.....looks like it be painted over several layers of paint?

3. The wear on the outer surfaces - although knocked about, the wear looks a little unusual, the camo segments are quite bright but the wear looks very scuffed & scratched.

4. The interior - the chinstrap mounting posts looked like they are corroded, pitted & painted over, although the interior paint does look "aged". Also, the leather liner although resembling a M16 pattern the "fingers" look a little odd - in terms of wear & texture.

Thoughts anyone???

Thanks! Regards, Dan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Opinions on M16 Camo Stahlhelm - Unusual pattern/colours   Opinions on M16 Camo Stahlhelm - Unusual pattern/colours  

Opinions on M16 Camo Stahlhelm - Unusual pattern/colours   Opinions on M16 Camo Stahlhelm - Unusual pattern/colours  

Opinions on M16 Camo Stahlhelm - Unusual pattern/colours  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Opinions on M16 Camo Stahlhelm - Unusual pattern/colours
    P
    Many

The pictures leave much to be desired, so it is hard to evaluate the piece.

CBH
    ?

Ask for photos in natural light , it would show colors better .

?

Roger that, I have requested more photos, I'll see what response I get.

Cheers,

Dan

CBH
    ?

I kinda like it , but WWI helmets aren't my area . The paint seems to have pretty uniform ware , hope its a good one .

?

As requested, the seller posted a few sunlight pics. The colours aren't as vibrant now, but the pale green is still unusual. But....on closer inspection....the interior definitely appears to have been painted straight over previous rust & pitting. The chinstrap posts are quite heavily pitted & pockmarked. One side of the helmet is quite pitted inside & out compared to the other side, like it was laying on it's side for quite some time. The interior leather liner looks ok though. My guess & 2 peso's worth (as the interior/exterior paint does show some age) is a postwar 20's or 30's semi-relic repaint. Pity - it's a nice looking helmet for a display.

Regards,

Dan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Opinions on M16 Camo Stahlhelm - Unusual pattern/colours   Opinions on M16 Camo Stahlhelm - Unusual pattern/colours  

Opinions on M16 Camo Stahlhelm - Unusual pattern/colours   Opinions on M16 Camo Stahlhelm - Unusual pattern/colours