Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Opinions on M35 Reissue

Article about: Hey guys just wanted some opinions on this M35 reissue. Thanks for the help!

?

Default Opinions on M35 Reissue

Hey guys just wanted some opinions on this M35 reissue.

Thanks for the help!

Opinions on M35 ReissueOpinions on M35 ReissueOpinions on M35 ReissueOpinions on M35 Reissue

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Opinions on M35 Reissue
    P
    Many

I don't see any red flags other than the missing liner & chinstrap.

No problem other than above post. Methner Berger re-issue decal over reissue M35 paint.

Looks small ....60 or 62?
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

?

62 not sure what maker the site does not specify

Gentlemen,
    Please forgive my ignorance,I am trying to learn more about German helmets. Could someone please explain the difference between an M-35 and an M-35 Re-Issue? ...Decals..Paint ..Liners??

Regards,Geoff

MAP
    ?

Quote by Geoff Ward View Post
    Gentlemen,
    Please forgive my ignorance,I am trying to learn more about German helmets. Could someone please explain the difference between an M-35 and an M-35 Re-Issue? ...Decals..Paint ..Liners??

Regards,Geoff
    Yes. You could probably explain it 10 different ways. But to keep it very simple (and thus not 100% detailed/spot on), there are "re-issued" helmets and "field/depot helmets". Re-issued helmets were helmets that were sent back to a factory/shop and striped, and refitted to new specs (single decal, updated flat paint,etc.) and repaired as needed. Field/Depot helmets were done closer to the lines and done more ad-hoc.

As said, this is a very generalized description so hopefully the guys don't beat me up on the granular details...LoL
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Hi Geoff, I could be wrong, but from my understanding i believe it is when a helmet like a double decal M35 is stripped of its original paint and decals and then updated to the current specifications at the time such as, removing the national shield decal and repainting with textured paint. The new decal would then be applied in the field.

-Alex

Hi, the helmet looks fine to me as well, just missing it's internal components. Leon.

Quote by MAP View Post
    Yes. You could probably explain it 10 different ways. But to keep it very simple (and thus not 100% detailed/spot on), there are "re-issued" helmets and "field/depot helmets". Re-issued helmets were helmets that were sent back to a factory/shop and striped, and refitted to new specs (single decal, updated flat paint,etc.) and repaired as needed. Field/Depot helmets were done closer to the lines and done more ad-hoc.

As said, this is a very generalized description so hopefully the guys don't beat me up on the granular details...LoL
    MAP & Alex are correct & well stated.

As MAP said...the re-issues were said to be stripped & repainted in a wartime finish, wartime liners & straps installed, replaced split pins, not always decaled at factory level but usually.

The depot type "re-issues" or "repaints" normally just the exterior was repainted in wartime paint, covering the original pre-war M35 paint, not stripping it & leaving the original M35 finish to the interior, but often brush painted up to the liner band with textured paint. If the liner was still useable, it remained in the helmet. Then decaled if decals were available in the field or depot

The OP looks to have been a factory re-issue due to complete repaint & wartime liner had been installed & of course the Meth. Berg decal which was a popular choice for re-issued M35s'

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast