Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Opinions on M42 helmet

Article about: I would say that's a good deal. Only the liner is worth 150 and a good spare part. //Al

Default Opinions on M42 helmet

Hi,

I have been offered this M42 helmet.

What do you guys think of it...is it any good?

I think perhaps the chinstrap is a repro...looks new I think.

I guess he wants around 150-200USD.

Regards
    Replace
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Opinions on M42 helmet   Opinions on M42 helmet  

Opinions on M42 helmet   Opinions on M42 helmet  

Opinions on M42 helmet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Opinions on M42 helmet
    P
    Many

Very heavily cleaned, down to bare metal in places. I'd want a closer look at the strap too, it does look potentially bad from the pics. Liner looks OK. Price isn't awful, I'd probably take it for $100/$120.

Save another 300 and get yourself a nice no decal M42

Hard to tell by the pics, but it looks like the inside of the helmet is black. The whole helmet was probably black so someone went over it with paint thinner and took a little too much off.

Kradspam is right heavily cleaned helmet from pictures supplied helmet itself looks original and OK. Liner and strap I can't tell you. I am not saying it is could be a ex Czech fire cleaned up. There are a lot of them hitting the market lately. timothy

Get the helmet for a lower price. Or save up a little more for a better helmet. Shoe string in the liner but that's not uncommon. Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Considering the prices of "perfect" helmets, I would consider this a good deal and a promising restoration project...
    cheers, Glenn

?

If the strap is a Korn from Alzise dated 1940, there's a very high possibility that its a
    Repro,also check the interior front, see if there's a small protruding piece of metal, if so its a Spanish miners helmet that's had the lamp clip removed from the front, there was a very large amount of these circulating 10-20yrs ago that were 'converted' with real liners ,fake straps and repainted, also rear stamps added, one way to tell was the thickness of the steel, this one does look a bit thin around the edges, but it might be the photos

Thanks for your answers guys.

A bit different opinions - original m42, Czech fire, Spanish miners helmet...

I will try to get more info and more pictures from seller.
    ...and then see if that changes anything.

How much does a perfect original M42 helmet with liner and chinstrap weigh?

Seller is not militaria-dealer - its a private man that has responded to an ad I posted on a "sales/buying page".

If this where to be an restoration project - how much would you do?
    I where thinking....removing of black paint on the inside and original chinstrap - no more!?

Regards
    Replace

Pictures of the outside helmet must cheat a bit - seller says only 5-10% af the green paint outside is missing.

Seller has difficulty seeing if inside of helmet is faded black or dark green.

What do think of this liner pin?

Regards
    Replace
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Opinions on M42 helmet  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast