Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Opinions on a named Heer and Camo LW helmets!

Article about: Howdy y'all! What are your opinions on these two helmets? One is a toned Heer and the second is a camo Luftwaffe! I'm at the point where I can tell a real helmet from a fake but when it come

Default Opinions on a named Heer and Camo LW helmets!

Howdy y'all! What are your opinions on these two helmets? One is a toned Heer and the second is a camo Luftwaffe! I'm at the point where I can tell a real helmet from a fake but when it comes to names written in the helmet or camos I still need some help. I think they're solid and I trust the seller but a second opinion never hurts. I look forward to your opinions and input!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Opinions on a named Heer and Camo LW helmets!   Opinions on a named Heer and Camo LW helmets!  

Opinions on a named Heer and Camo LW helmets!   Opinions on a named Heer and Camo LW helmets!  

Opinions on a named Heer and Camo LW helmets!   Opinions on a named Heer and Camo LW helmets!  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Opinions on a named Heer and Camo LW helmets!
    P
    Many

Oh, the story behind the camo Luftwaffe is that it belonged to a soldier who fought at Monte Cassino. The name was traced and his grave site was found. German records indicate He stepped on a land mine and that killed hiM on 02/15/1944. His helmet was blown off , there's no liner but you can see what looks like damage in the front of the camo Luftwaffe.

Hi, I like the Heer, I think that's a nice example. As regard to the camo, I would be abit more cautious what with all those same like score marks all over the shell.

Quote by Blackdog View Post
    Hi, I like the Heer, I think that's a nice example. As regard to the camo, I would be abit more cautious what with all those same like score marks all over the shell.
    That's my thinking as well, the HEER helmet is a beauty, but I am unsure about the cammo. Leon.

MAP
    ?

I can't look at these closely as I'm on my phone. But I'm cautiously optimistic on the camo . ....but that's the thing with most camo's. It's typically a grey area unless you have it in hand.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thank you for the replies. I see the points you are all making out. The seller wants $1000 for the Heer and $675 for the camo. Are those good prices? Thank you for the replies and comments

Quote by General Patton View Post
    Thank you for the replies. I see the points you are all making out. The seller wants $1000 for the Heer and $675 for the camo. Are those good prices? Thank you for the replies and comments
    Are you sure that the prices arent the other way around?

The Heer looks ok, however the camo... not saying its bad just the pics provided cant do justice.

I'll ask for better pictures if that helps! And no it's $1000 for the Heer. Is that too high?

Quote by General Patton View Post
    I'll ask for better pictures if that helps! And no it's $1000 for the Heer. Is that too high?
    Please do!

Yes IMO, the 1000$ for the Heer is a bit too much. However 675$ for a researched camo with Cassino provenance... raises a few red flags if the seller "knows" his field. Also interrior shot of the camo would be helpful. Does it have a liner ring?

MAP
    ?

Price fluctuates by region and source. Maybe my price radar is not working but I could see the big dealers in the US easily slapping $1k on the Heer IMHO. Great decal, solid liner and named. Peer to peer would be lower by a bit. While I haven't been able to look in detail on the authenticity, it all comes down to whether you like it. This helmet could always be moved on as it is solid.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast