Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Opinions please

Article about: Hi could you guys give your opinions on these helmets as i nearly got burned the other day for buying before posting. I know the chin straps are repros.

?

Default Opinions please

Hi could you guys give your opinions on these helmets as i nearly got burned the other day for buying before posting. I know the chin straps are repros.Opinions pleaseOpinions pleaseOpinions pleaseOpinions pleaseOpinions pleaseOpinions please

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Opinions please
    P
    Many

Default Re: Opinions please

I like the first one the best. The second is a no-go for me. Are these from a dealer site? What's the asking price?

Good idea to post before you buy. I think the first helmet has a replacement liner and chinstrap, but everything else is good including the decal. The second helmet has a strange looking early Luftwaffe decal that I think is a reproduction, the liner looks okay on this one, but the chinstrap scares me. With these pictures I wouldn't feel comfortable buying either one. Wait for more opinions.

Is the seller a well known dealer or trustworthy collector?

Corey

?

The seller is a dealer not sure if well know is it ok to name the dealer? The price for the Heer is £475 and the Luftwaffe is £495

Quote by busman View Post
    The seller is a dealer not sure if well know is it ok to name the dealer? The price for the Heer is £475 and the Luftwaffe is £495
    Yes, it is okay to name the dealer. Those prices are not bad if the helmets are completely original.

Prices are too high for incomplete helmets. I'd pass on both. Who is the dealer?

The luft is certainly bad. Zig zag patterns in the wings.

?

The LW is bad and honestly I am not 100% sure on the Heer either, a lot of rust and damage covering key reference points. Personally fr the price asked I'd pass. If you want a good honest dealer go to WW2germanhelmets.com Dave Shirlin. I send him most of my helmets when I consign a lid. He represents them fairly and is easy to deal with.