Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Original Camo M42 relic?

Article about: Good day to everyone. I was wondering if this helmet was original. It looks good to me but im not sure about the remains of the camo, or the chinstrap and liner. Does the camo looks good? wh

Default Original Camo M42 relic?

Good day to everyone.
    I was wondering if this helmet was original. It looks good to me but im not sure about the remains of the camo, or the chinstrap and liner. Does the camo looks good? what type of camo do you think it was? And the name on the skirt, does that look original? what do you think the name is?

GERMAN M42 CAMO HELMET WWII | eBay

Thanks for the help!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Original Camo M42 relic?
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Original Camo M42 relic?

GP , theres not much in the way of detail from the photos, even on enlargement, but heres my take on what i see, first... the helmet has started to rust out but because of the poor photos its hard to see if the "winter camo" was applied after the rust formed, second... the name on the skirt is unreadable therefore its anyones guess if its original , third.... to me the liner looks to have been replaced, the reason is this, you can see where the liner pin hasnt been replaced correctly and both prongs have been bent upwards but one between the liner spring, fourth and last the helmets on E-bay which, unless you can get much clearer pictures you pays your money and takes your chances

Default Re: Original Camo M42 relic?

Nice pickup on the liner pin Dave!!