Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Original German liner?

Article about: Hello. Does this liner seem original ww2 German? It is fitted in a Hungarian M38. Im not sure if other countries manufactured these. The chinstrap is Hungarian. Annoyed from this ads?  

Default Original German liner?

Hello.

Does this liner seem original ww2 German? It is fitted in a Hungarian M38. Im not sure if other countries manufactured these. Also I'd like to know what model could this be? I know there's reinforced/non-reinforeced ones out there. The band is definetly not aluminium.

The chinstrap is Hungarian.

Thank you.

Edit: Found some markings: 66 (cant see the rest) and under it 59. On other spot I found year 1941.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Original German liner?   Original German liner?  

Original German liner?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Original German liner?
    P
    Many

Half round chinstrap bails are not the German design.
    Therefore liner is not as well even though it looks similar.
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Default .

There is a possibility that they are Finnish modifications. The hungarian shells have side holes in different positions than German shells.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Original German liner?  

Hi its a original German liner with Finnish modifications , the Finnish have added the chin strap loops and made extra holes in the Alu band to line up the three fixings , i have a helmet the same and have also seen alot like this in Finland

Hi, just a thought but what exactly did the Finnish not like about the original chinstrap bales? Seems a lot of effort to replace them for no real obvious reason to me, the chinstrap looks as though it would have fitted on the old bales? Oh and the liner is a German one! Leon.

?

Not German made, liner is by friitalan nahka oy imo.

Regards

Unterstand what do you mean not German made liner? these are German made liners and if the band is checked there will be the makers marking on it,Leon i am not sure why they fitted their own bales to the liner every helmet i have seen fitted with a German liner has had the same done to it ,

?

Hi
    I had two of these helms 30yrs ago they were 1950's Finnish surplus the liner looks identical to mine, one I'd wear at w2 gigs they cost then 15 bucks.

Eric

Finnlander is it possible to show the stamp on the helmet band ? Unterstand i know what you are saying about the helmets found in Finnish army surplus ,But the Finnish Army used alot of differet helmets in ww2 and post war , They brought alot of m35 ,M40, M42 helmets from Germany and also the Hungarian helmets and post war the model M50 from Germany which i think are the helmets you are talking about for years you could buy wartime and post war German helmets with post war liners fitted from Finnish army surplus ,The fitting of new liners was be done as the Finnish Army were still wearing German helmets way into the 1980s and liners most have got broken and replaced ,I have also a Hungarian helmet the same as this with a German wartime liner fitted i have already shown it in the Hungarian helmet post on this forum but will take some photos and show it again here ,

Here are photos showing the helmet i have with German ww2 liner fitted the same , this helmet came from a Finnish ww2 vets family so shows German ww2 liners were sometimes fitted to the Hungarian helmets
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Original German liner?   Original German liner?  

Original German liner?   Original German liner?  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast