Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Original Heer Helmet?

Article about: Hello Chaps, please could you kindly give your opinions or comments on this Heer Many thanks [ATTACH=CONFIG]772821[/ATTACH]

Default Original Heer Helmet?

Hello Chaps, please could you kindly give your opinions or comments on this Heer
    Many thanks

[ATOriginal Heer Helmet?Original Heer Helmet?Original Heer Helmet?Original Heer Helmet?Original Heer Helmet?Original Heer Helmet?TACH=CONFIG]772821[/ATTACH]
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Original Heer Helmet?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Original Heer Helmet?
    P
    Many

Looks like a good M42 to me but I'm not sure about the chinstrap.

I'm not a helmet expert but it looks good to me. I agree the chinstrap might be a copy.

Thanks very much Pal, I know the chinstrap is a later addition. I have been informed period strap ??

I think the helmet experts will tell you to show good close up pictures of the chinstrap to get it authenticated, but you dont often see chinstraps in such good condition. It looks hardly used.

I don't see any aging to the chinstrap or creases and cracks from being bent and the holes are barely stretched from the buckle which worries me and makes me believe it's a repro.

I like it. I can't speak of the chinstrap, but the rest looks good. Its in great shape too!

Thanks for your valued opinions gents...very much appreciated....I'm removing the chin strap !!

Yes. I sold this one, so I know it's good.

Regarding the chin strap. It's real, but as I said in my description I doubt if it has been on that helmet for 60 odd years

Oh, and they are my pictures too

Hi, it's a lovely HEER M42 helmet with a good if not matching chinstrap. Nice buy, enjoy it! Leon.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast