Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Original KM Decal??

Article about: by Schwerpunkt That's a trick you best pretend you never heard. Fake decals spotting just requires a good set of eyes and the memorisation of all original decal graphics. It takes commitment

Default Original KM Decal??

Ok, maybe it's a bit of fun, maybe some will learn, others might already know, but is this a genuine KM decal?

There are no clues as to whether this is genuine or not. It maybe real, or it maybe fake. If you fancy a bit of fun, say why it is real, or why it is fake! of course you could sit on the side line and say nothing That's always the safest bet

Frank, your excluded from this one!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Original KM Decal??  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Original KM Decal??
    P
    Many

Default Re: Original KM Decal??

That decal is fake if i am correct. I was told that if you scrape a bit on the decal and if you can see either a gold or silver color it is fake. You can see it has been scraped left of the eagle's head.

My 2 pennies worth, looks like a Fake ET decal, no dot on foot

Is this a lacquer toned Heer decal posing as a Kriegsmarine? Hmmm..

If it helps, it was on an SE shell, definitely not an ET decal
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Original KM Decal??  

?

Im going with fake, et variants were found on se lids, rgds Dave oh forgot to say i dont like it as its got a head that looks to have been whacked with a spade and dodgier feet than me ,,,

Quote by colletorww2 View Post
    That decal is fake if i am correct. I was told that if you scrape a bit on the decal and if you can see either a gold or silver color it is fake. You can see it has been scraped left of the eagle's head.
    That's a trick you best pretend you never heard. Fake decals spotting just requires a good set of eyes and the memorisation of all original decal graphics. It takes commitment but it's not so hard once you get the hang of it. There is no need to touch decals ever.

BTW If you pull that trick on a fair , you damage it you buy it. Fake or no fake.

If the decal was on an SE shell its not going to be a Kriegsmarine decal. As far as I know ( which isn't a lot compared to most on here ) , SE didn't make helmets for the navy. And if its not an EF decal chances are its a fake because the Fulda factory oversaw all the gear that went to the Heer, Luftwaffe and Kriegsmarine. Am I warm John?
    Last edited by Isle of Wighter; 05-07-2010 at 06:25 PM.

Is this an example of a round bottom fake?

infin1ty92
    ?

Oh crap... Seriously, i would fall for it, so I say its real. It just looks real to me. But i'm no expert :P

However, I don't like how the paint somehow goes over the decal in its sides.... But that could possibly just be due to a field repaint... right.

- Johan

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast