Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

original liner n decal?

Article about: Hi there just wondering if anyone could tell me if this lid is original please? Many thanks. Jay.

Default original liner n decal?

Hi there just wondering if anyone could tell me if this lid is original please? Many thanks. Jay.
    Attached Images Attached Images original liner n decal?  original liner n decal?  original liner n decal? 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement original liner n decal?
    P
    Many

Default Re: original liner n decal?

To my novice eyes the liner looks like its good, and bearing in mind that I am definitely no expert I would say that the liner is original. The decal I would'nt like to comment on as the photo is a bit blurry and I don't want to make myself look stupid. Is the helmet in your possession? If so, are there any makers marks or lot numbers? I'm sure Mr Brandon or Schwerpunkt will give you better info than I, soon enough.

Hi Jim, no I don't own it so don't know bout other markings

Never mind,someone will know. Sorry I cant be more help. I'm still deep into research about decals with a long way to go before I can start bandying my thoughts about

helmet,liner and decal all look fine,,,

Thanks for your replies guys! After finding out I didn't in fact own a helmet I fancy owning one now, finding the moneys gunna be a problem tho!!!

Apart from the helmet at the top of the page these are the other two that are just in my price range
    Attached Images Attached Images original liner n decal?  original liner n decal?  original liner n decal?  original liner n decal? 

For all helmets getting good decal close-ups is a must. The last two seem especially dodgy to me. I would not spend my hard earned cash on any one of them though.

Yea see what you mean the last one looks like the same decal as the 1 i've already got!!

I don't like to post a response that simply labels a piece as fake, but in this case, having seen so many fake pieces with the same obvious characteristics, I feel that I have to do so this time. I don't like either of the last 2 that you posted - both look like the work of the Latvian chaps who are selling fake helmets as the real McCoy. The wire, paint, decal and strap and liner (the leather is artificially aged and the liner band rusted from the chemical treatment to age the piece) of the half basket helmet are all bad! The camo is likewise a fake in my opinion - same bad strap, liner and liner band, fake decal and post war camo paint. Ebay is full of these humped up pieces. No offense intended, but I steer very clear of anything that comes out of Latvia for that reason. Just one collector's point of view. Jim G.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast