Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Original M18 helmet ?

Article about: Hi here is my newest eBay found I bought him for 70€ a M18 steelhelmet of WW1 but i am not shure about this helmet his shape and the long vents and the rivets Wehrmacht? Reichswehr? used or

Default Original M18 helmet ?

Hi
    here is my newest eBay found
    I bought him for 70€
    a M18 steelhelmet of WW1 but i am not shure about this helmet
    his shape and the long vents and the rivets
    Wehrmacht? Reichswehr? used or WW1
    Im need your opinions to this found

best regards
    Bavarian
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Original M18 helmet ?   Original M18 helmet ?  

Original M18 helmet ?   Original M18 helmet ?  

Original M18 helmet ?   Original M18 helmet ?  

Original M18 helmet ?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Original M18 helmet ?
    P
    Many

Hi is there any markings , maybe just me but the vent holes look odd on this helmet

The maker mark should be present , as it is missing its original color it is impossible to trace the life it had.
    I would have waited for a better example , the photos are not that good so hard to say the shell is a real one.

The rivets heads in front are bigger than the Ww1 ones , maybe the shell could be a commercially sold M18 style.

The diameter of the holes in the centre of the two vent lugs looks too narrow. Reminds me of the lugs on Chinese fakes.

A link to a 2016 forum discussion about a fake German steel cut-out helmet: M 1918 cut out helmet ?

Original M18 helmet ?

The lugs do seem strange. the way they are attsched is not correct. The horns should have a little plate ( round disk) on the inside that held them in place. These are welded or attached in another way. Thes overall shape of the shell looks also a bit strange. A good side shot would help a lot