Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Original M35 Heer DD?

Article about: Hi folks, I need a second opinion on this one. Listed in medal and militaria shop as an M35 with replacement 1942 chinstrap and liner. Surface rust isn't pictured but seems to be commensurat

Default Original M35 Heer DD?

Hi folks,
    I need a second opinion on this one. Listed in medal and militaria shop as an M35 with replacement 1942 chinstrap and liner. Surface rust isn't pictured but seems to be commensurate with the decal quality. SE 62 and what looks like number 1234 stamped on shell. Liner and chinstrap are my biggest concerns, as the asking price seems fair for a DD shell but possibly a bit 'too good to be true' for an original liner and strap too - even a 42 replacement liner and strap. As ever - any help greatly Original M35 Heer DD?Original M35 Heer DD?Original M35 Heer DD?Original M35 Heer DD?Original M35 Heer DD?Original M35 Heer DD?Original M35 Heer DD?Original M35 Heer DD?Original M35 Heer DD?Original M35 Heer DD?Original M35 Heer DD?appreciated!
    Thanks a lot gents.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Original M35 Heer DD?
    P
    Many

I am not like it. The tricolor was placed over rust and stratches. The liner from the lack of good pictures seems to be in better shape than the helmet.
    Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

was a single decal , Heer decal is good. Tricolor is bad and the chinstrap as well.
    Can't comment on the liner as no complete pics are shown. But the helmet is best left where it is.

Certainly appears to have had a knackered liner removed and replaced with one in much to good condition in comparison with the shell. One I would leave well alone as well. Leon.

Hi, as others have said the tricolor is bad for starters.

Thank you all very much. As ever I am indebted to your accumulated wisdom! However... Before I go to the considerable expense of shipping this item back to the dealer (who has a sound reputation I must say) can I just confirm that there are no undecided forums users out there on this one?
    It might be worth sharing what the dealer told me:
    Bought from a long-time collector. Shell original but liner and 1942 chinstrap are both original period replacements. Decals are authentic and tight to the shell surface. Only decal wear is caused by the paint bubbling and rusting up from the surface of the shell and coming through the decal.
    All of which seems fair and accurate with the item in hand. I just want to be as close as I can to certainty that the item is inauthentic before I ship this item back as shipping will not be cheap. here are some more photos to help you.
    Thank you again gents for all your help.

Lighting conditions a bit brighter than the last time.

Original M35 Heer DD?Original M35 Heer DD?Original M35 Heer DD?Original M35 Heer DD?Original M35 Heer DD?Original M35 Heer DD?Original M35 Heer DD?

Also: Liner band has the very difficult to see number stamp of 620A which sits on top of a line with the size number 55 beneath it.
    Thanks.

Send it back and get your money returned. If you are looking for an m35 heer I have one.

Hi, now you have shown the liner, that looks post war replacement. (no wear compared to shell).

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast