Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

original m35 stahlhelm?

Article about: Hello everyone. as some of you know i still don't have a German helmet (unfortunately i have a repro ) i was wondering if this was an original helmet? i love the Normandy camo helmets i did

Default original m35 stahlhelm?

Hello everyone.
    as some of you know i still don't have a German helmet (unfortunately i have a repro ) i was wondering if this was an original helmet? i love the Normandy camo helmets i did a project in school on operation overlord and got to see many original ww2 Normandy pictures! if its authentic, what is it worth and whats its value? is there anything you guys can tell me about it?

thanks in advance
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture original m35 stahlhelm?   original m35 stahlhelm?  

original m35 stahlhelm?   original m35 stahlhelm?  

original m35 stahlhelm?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement original m35 stahlhelm?
    P
    Many

Default Re: original m35 stahlhelm?

I would stay away from this lid.....

Really? What's wrong with it? BTW thanks for responding so quick

?

Hi General Patton, I admire your enthusiasm and getting into collecting at a young age, I was 14 when I got my first helmet ago and thats a loooong time ago now! I would heed the advise above, the camo paint on this one even from afar does not look like it should on an authentic Normandy Camo. There is a nice one for sale at Ken B's site, German War Helmets. Have a look at the examples Ken has and look at this one. I think you will agree when you look past the helmet and at details such as wear and patina, you will notice some huge differences. Have you a book on he subject? But I would shy away from both of the ones you posted tonight, they appear to be from the same source. Cheers Doug

Thank you for the compliments, my parents say they will buy me a reference book for my birthday. Ill stay away from these two, I really liked both, but only if they were original. I will check out the other site and see what I can learn! Thank you guys for the help, you might have saved me quite a bit of money and heart ache.

Same answer here , crappy small pics = avoid.

?

Tell them to get you the book by Ken N available directly from him helmets scroll to the very bottom of the web page to see it. Best book for guys like yourself starting off. GHW has an excellent online database you can access once you become a veteran member and hundreds upon hundreds of good originals to view there as well German Helmet Walhalla
    Cheers and never be afraid to ask! PM anytime
    Doug

K ill stay away from it, thank you for the help!