Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Original Snow Camo?

Article about: If you say its fake, then I believe you guys, I just wanted to be100% sure. Ill save my money for a good helmet, thank you for all the help .

Default Original Snow Camo?

Hello everyone, I was looking on E bay for the first time in months. I saw this nice relic snow camo helmet and Ive Always wanted a snow camo helmet. To me it looks good but I always like to have your guy's opinion on German helmets. I know I wont be getting a Nice complete German helmet WITH snow camo for quite a while and I really like this one. What is you guy's opinions?

WWII GERMAN M40 WINTER CAMO HELMET: RELIC: 100% ORIGINAL!!! | eBay

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Original Snow Camo?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Original Snow Camo?

no expert but i like it

tom

I know nothing about helmets but $49 ????????

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

$49 is a good starting price for a ground dug and rusty relic helmet missing both liner and liner band, if people are looking for one like it they will bid and thereby easily raise the price a few notches... so the price shouldn't be anything to worry about. It looks genuine enough to me..

Looks good to me.
    Chris

Thanks, I look forward to seeing how much it sells for

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Thanks for the help! I was also worried about the price but with your help im ok about it now. Im going for this helmet, I like winter camo helmets! Thanks again .

?

General Patton, I would pass on this one. Winter camo "paint" is inside the interior of the right rivet hole and inside the shell where the liner band would have been, plus there is no wear where the rivets would have been and either rubbed off the paint or not been painted white in the first place.

This is a rusted out helmet that has been painted over and dirtied to get a better buck from something that is near worthless.

Look closer gentlemen! ;-)

Points duly noted and taken, Doug It's far too easy to have a superficial look at these cheaper relics and thereby missing the obvious red flags.... question; was there ever the need for liner band replacements out in the field or were the liner bands more or less permanently fixed until an eventual factory reissue of the shell ?

?

I would have to agree with Doug, theres too much paint where there shouldnt be and not enough wear in the right places, an old relic thats been messed with i fear

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast