MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

The Other Hlaf of Doug's "Good Day"

Article about: This week a box arrived from Canada with the other half of my trade with Doug enclosed. Inside was an M42 Double Runic SS helmet, Lot # 1592, a former white wash combat killer. The EF decal

Default The Other Hlaf of Doug's "Good Day"

This week a box arrived from Canada with the other half of my trade with Doug enclosed. Inside was an M42 Double Runic SS helmet, Lot # 1592, a former white wash combat killer. The EF decal is fairly intact, and the expected field applied Pocher runic shield attests to harsh combat conditions that the SS soldat endured during the War. The last three pictures show the new acquisition with its older brother in arms, also a combat used double runic SS helmet, an ET 68 shell with a factory applied ET runic shield on the right, and a Pocher shield on the left. I will say that I am one satisfied customer and will let the pictures say the rest. (Thanks again Doug.) Hope you like these two rare birds. Jim G.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The Other Hlaf of Doug's "Good Day"   The Other Hlaf of Doug's "Good Day"  

The Other Hlaf of Doug's "Good Day"   The Other Hlaf of Doug's "Good Day"  

The Other Hlaf of Doug's "Good Day"  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The Other Hlaf of Doug's "Good Day"
    P
    Many

Wow!!

Reassuring to say the least... as they came from a reputable source. That in itself makes collecting all the greater. Nice Lids and the history that follows it. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Nice double runics Jim! Congrats.

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Reassuring to say the least... as they came from a reputable source. That in itself makes collecting all the greater. Nice Lids and the history that follows it. Regards Larry
    Hi Larry, The EF was from Doug. The ET came from Al Barrows 20 years ago. Both will be in my custody God willing for many decades to come. Jim G.

?

One of the most satisfying thing about this hobby for me is making friends along the way with which you can make trades for items you seek for your collection.

In return for giving up something of equal importance which I have enjoyed for a long time, both collectors can both fill wants or needs therefore refreshing both collections and increasing collecting knowledge, experience and enjoyment for both parties for years to come.

Jim, I am very happy you like this ex-winter double runic EF SS M42 (what's not to like LOL) and I am equally happy with my end of the deal. It was a lot of fun talking trade and helmets with you, mind you it's always enjoyable talking helmets and collecting with you.

For those who haven't seen the thread on what came my way from Jim or what would cause me to give this one up (I have 3 more double runics as well LOL) : https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/steel...eryday-425775/

?

2 very nice helmets friend.

FAKES!! Only joking Jim!! I have to say that you both have made one hell of a deal , I would be pleased as punch which ever end of the transaction I were on , simply great helmets all round. Well done guys, Leon.

?

Two very nice helmets Jim, congrats to your new helmet!

?

Two bloody marvelous SS double runic lids Jim.
    It would have been heart breaking to let go of the traded helmets, but I think the end result has justified it.

Brad.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast