Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Over paint DD camo

Article about: Hey guys, I dug up another camo helmet and was wanting to get a few opinions on it since the price is pretty high. Looks good from what I can seem to be having a bad run of luck finding an h

Default Over paint DD camo

Hey guys, I dug up another camo helmet and was wanting to get a few opinions on it since the price is pretty high. Looks good from what I can seem to be having a bad run of luck finding an honest camo helmet. Any ideas on what would be a fair value to offer on it provided it is real?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Over paint DD camo   Over paint DD camo  

Over paint DD camo   Over paint DD camo  

Over paint DD camo  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Over paint DD camo
    P
    Many

Hi, another made up one, even the shell is fake.

?

I agree.

I have never seen stamps like that in an original Third Reich helmet. Normally you will see size (64), a manufacturing code (ET) on the side and a series number (1654) in the rear. This is just a generic sample. The manufacturer codes were letters - not number/letter combos. This one is not marked in the standard method. My advice would be to forget about getting a camo helmet and focus on something more standard. You have a better chance of getting an authentic standard issue helmet. NH

NO no no, another terrible helmet, where are you looking for a cammo as they are available from reputable dealers, you just need the right money. This like the others is just simply not even close, colours, wear patterns (not to mention the fact this is not even a Third Reich made helmet) are all wrong. Leon.

MAP
    ?

Don't even need to look at the stamps. The whole shape is wrong. Also chin strap and liner band

Here are a number of reputable US based dealers but even then post here first. Even they make mistakes.

but be prepared to pay retail. An original with a camo pattern like that in the same condition will cost dearly.

Australia Helmet Dealers
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I added the note about stamps to make our member aware of the telltale signs of fakes or post war examples. NH

The chinstrap....
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

In 2016, everybody want one camo helmet, so, many are fakes.
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

The rolled edge of the shell is appallingly bad, it can only be a Chinese copy.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast