Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Partial faint remains of bluish/purple ink stamp inside top of M40 helmet

Article about: All, I was fortunate recently to add this M40 with camouflage frame to my Nazi items collection. While photographing it I noticed on the inside top the faint remains of an oval shaped ink st

Quote by busman View Post
    What's the white boarder around the right side and bottom right of the decal ?
    A mate of mine has a helmet and a decal with that on the same side. To me it doesnt look like remains of the sheet, but like a glue when they slipped the decal on and it moved a bit.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Partial faint remains of bluish/purple ink stamp inside top of M40 helmet
    P
    Many

?

I was thinking maybe remains of a varnish , but glue and a sliding decal makes more sense.

John,
    This is the first time I have read this thread. You asked about the dome stamp which in the German helmet collecting world is a fairly easy thing to learn and find information about. But you have the gall to lash out at members who are only trying to help. Camo helmet are a true mine field with a very high percentage been faked and reproduced using photo from helmet books. Do not burn bridges.
    Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

This may seem harsh – but for someone to be a forum member for over 3 years , start 14 threads during that time ALL asking for help on an item/s , receive back answers, has made no friends here ( that’s what the forum states, not me ) it seems a bit rich to be so defiant …….
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Coat hanger was made in 2015 helmet is ww2

MAP
    ?

There are other issues that point out this this being recent.

Putting aside the originality of the wire (which I do not believe at all), there are no scratches or wear where either the clips or the wire has been touching the helmet. A sure sign of a modern addition.

Photos only tell so much and in hand is typically required, but in this case, from the photos (which are not the best quality) do not support this as being real.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2