Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Pawel Update

Article about: Thanks to everyone that have kept us informed about this crook. Your warnings helped me spot the con right away. He just listed on Craigslist again: Original German Fallschirmjager M38 Helme

Default Pawel Update

Thanks to everyone that have kept us informed about this crook. Your warnings helped me spot the con right away. He just listed on Craigslist again:

Original German Fallschirmjager M38 Helmet/ET68
    Original German Kriegsmarine M35 Helmet
    Original German Waffen SS M42 Helmet/Q66

I inquired about the items and got the following reply almost immediately:

Hi,

Thank you for your answer. I live in Poland (EU) now. I lived in Indianapolis for the last 2 years but I already got back home to Poland. I have an interest in WW2 history for a long time. From time to time i take my metal detector and detect places of historical interest and local battlefields. I am sending the photos of the helmet.

I have other militaria, i am looking for someone i could cooperate for a long time.

Sincerely,
    Pawel
    Email: Kaspian1415@hotmail.com

Stay away!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Pawel Update
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Pawel Update

Thank you for the update.

Powel has been trolling forums and any site he can spew his junk!!You are lucky you weren't taken like other collectors! CDR

I was hoping to hear that he'd been arrested and had the book thrown at him, but at least we have a rough idea that he, or someone pretending to be the rather elusive character is still around and not let our guard down.

Thanks

Danny

Just spotted this on another site, may be of interest?
    "WARNING PAWEL NOWAK IS STILL CONNING COLLECTORS AND DEALERS AND IS USING CRAIGSLIST IN THE USA AT THE MOMENT"
    Cheers Michael R

And a bit more, his correspondence seems very very plausible. This is similar to the blurb he sent to me and yes, I fell for it and he cost me a lot of money!! Apparently these are some of his E Mail addresses!!

"leibstandarte1st@yahoo.fr

&

kaspian1415@hotmail.com

OTHER E MAIL ADDRESS

apollo13@windowslive.com

hornblower1994@a.o.l.uk

Shipwrecks.research@yahoo.com

Apollo1939@yahoo.com,

His email is still apollo13@windowslive.com
    and he is now advertising daggers for sale and wants paying by Western Union this is correspondence that I had from him Hi, Thank you for your answer. I have got these items as a payment for my archival research work.
    But I also detect some places with my metal detector and I have found some items personaly.
    I am an archivist and I live in Poland (EU) now but i lived in Toronto for the last 2 years. I am 38. (SURPRISED HE GOT TO THIS AGE) If you have an interest in the dagger, let me know. I am waiting for your answer. Sincerely, Pawel Where do you live ? Which city in UK ? I lived in London for 18 months when i made research in British Library. I am looking for someone i could cooperate for a long time. I have an interest in ww2 history for a long time. I am sending some photos of my collection.
    I am a serious seller and want to deal with serious people only. From time time to time i take my metal detector and detect places of historical interest and local battlefields.
    Look at my photos. I can sell the dagger for 500$, you need to ad 20$ for shipping to UK. As a payment method i could accept western union money transfer or bank transfer and i use UPS Express Worldwide as a delivery method. I guarantee the dagger is original, i do not keep fakes and repro. What is your interest in german daggers ? Do you collect them ? Sincerely, Pawel
    This man is now conning collectors as well as dealers. His approach is the same as before His name is
    Pawel Tomasz Nowak
    Ul. Piastowska 20/41
    97-500 Radomsko
    Poland

NEW E MAIL ADDRESS

apollo13@windowslive.com

hornblower1994@a.o.l.uk

and this is his approach

Let me tell you something. I am not a collector. I got the items as a payment for my research work. I am an archivist and I live in Poland (Europe). I am 31 and I was educated in the University of Lodz (International Public Law Faculty). But my main interest is archival research. Diving and sailig also. I spend a lof of time in the archives and museums. Where I have a lot of friends. For example I know Cmdr. Ltd. David Watters who was a Deputy Director in National Maritime Museum in London. I have also friends in Ministry of Defence in UK. I am sending to you some of my credentials and references I have got in English archives. I hope it will help to trust me a little. If you want I can also send to you my EU Passport and EU Driving Licence. I can also get more items in a cheap price and we could work together. As I could get them from my friends here. and his bank account info if you choose wire transfer: Pawel Tomasz Nowak Name of Bank: Bank Handlowy w Warszawie S.A. (Sektor Bankowosci Detalicznej-Citibank) (Bank Handlowy is a part of Citigroup) Swift Code: CITIPLPX Account number in IBAN format:PL67103000190109852333900014 Address of Bank: Ul. Senatorska 16 00-082 Warszawa Poland
    E MAIL From: "Pawe³" Nowak

His new details and approach are
    Hello: Thank you for your answer. I can sell all these helmets for 250 Euro. Let me tell you something. I am not a collector. I got the items as a payment for my research work. I am an archivist and I live in Poland. I am 31 and I was educated in the University of Lodz (International Public Law Faculty). But my main interest is archival research. Diving and sailig also. I spend a lof of time in the archives and museums. Where I have a lot of friends. For example I know Cmdr. Ltd. David Watters who was a Deputy Director in National Maritime Museum in London. I have also friends in Ministry of Defence in UK. I am sending to you some of my credentials and references I have got in English archives. I hope it will help to trust me a little. If you want I can also send to you my EU Passport and EU Driving Licence. I can also get more items in a cheap price and we could work together. As I could get them from my friends here. If you have an interest, keep me inform and I could have a proposal for you. Anyway, let me know what you think about it. All the best. Pavel

Hello again: Thank you for your answer. Well..., I am glad to hear we could make a deal. I already sent to you my credentials and references I received from English archives. I am sending to you my photo and my old driving licence. I hope it will help to trust me a little. However, if you want to make a deal we have to proceed it as soon as possible. I am traveling in a short time and I can not wait 3 weeks. Is any way you could arange the "payment" now ?. I could send the parcel with the helmets the same day. I made a decision to sell something from my collection as I am gathering funds for my research trip. If not - I will have to find the other buyer by the auction house. Maybe you have someone who could take care about the bank transfer behalf you.
    As a delivery method I prefer Fed-Ex or DHL Express Mail as they give us the opportunity to track the parcel online. That is my bank account information:
    My full name: Pawel Nowak Name of the bank: Bank Millennium S.A. Bank account number in IBAN format: PL37116022020000000086279795 Bank Swift Code: BIGBPLPW
    Address of the bank: Bank Millennium S.A. (Departament Bankowosci Detalicznej) Al. Jerozolimskie 123A 02-017 Warszawa Poland My mailing address you need in bank:
    Pawel Nowak Ul. Piastowska 20/41 (street's name) 97-500 Radomsko (code and city) Poland
    I am waiting for your answer. All the best. Pawel
    Finally, this shows he doesn't just con medal collectors, but divers also, as this link shows
    http://www.treasurenet.com/f/index.p...9457.msg126118
    MORE EMAILS
    His email is Shipwrecks.research@yahoo.com I just got this email from him, and saw in the "From" section at my mailreader that it said Pawel Nowak:
    Hello: Ich biete deutsche Auszeichnungen/Insignien, Helme und Bajonetts/Daggers an (WK1 und WK2). All die Gegenstände sind originell und in gutem Zustand. Ich verkaufe sie zu einem sehr günstigen Preis.
    I have some German Insignia/Medals from WWI and WWII and a few German helmets from WWI and WWII in a good condition. There are also German daggers. I have also a few bayonets and swords for sale: japanese arisaka, and three french bayonets: Chassepot, Grass and Lebel. I would like to sell them for a reasonable price. I also have a japanese swords (katana and tanto) with the blade from XVIII century. If you could have an interest, let me know. Regards. Shipwrecks.Research@yahoo.com
    MORE CONTACTS Hello
    In my last few e-mails I sent to you the photos of the WW2 helmets. I can sell each one for 100 Euro. I hope you got my credentials and references I received in the english archives. You should know something about my business policy. If you have an interest in any items from my collection - please let me know. My proposal is: if you will spend half of the payment - I will send the items to you and you will pay the ballance as soon as you receive them. All the items are genuine. If you want I can send addittional photos. Personaly, I am looking for someone I could cooperate in the future as I can get more genuine items from my close friends. I am an archivist but from time to time I take my own detector and detect some places of historical interest or local battlefields. If you want I can send to you some photos I made during my "detecting trips".

I hope we will find a way to establish long term relationships and cooperate in the future. I understand we just start building our mutual trust. If you want I can send to you my EU Passport and EU Driving Licence. By the way, we both living in European Union.

As a payment way I prefer bank transfer. As a delivery method I prefer recommended courier mail like DHL or Fed-ex as they give us the possibility to track the parcel online.
    I am waiting for your answer.
    The email was shipwrecks.research@yahoo.com
    For whatever it’s worth I was able to get his bank credentials and sent the following email to
    zadajpytanie@bankmillennium.pl
    Gentlemen, My name is , My full details are available upon request, of course. Are you aware that the person whose details are listed below uses the banking credentials you issued him with to defraud people on the Internet?
    My full name: Pawel Nowak
    Name of the bank: Bank Millennium S.A.
    Bank account number in IBAN format: PL37116022020000000086279795
    Bank Swift Code: BIGBPLPW
    Address of the bank:
    Bank Millennium S.A.
    (Departament Bankowosci Detalicznej)
    Al. Jerozolimskie 123A
    02-017 Warszawa
    Poland
    Should you wish to pursue this matter I have relevant documentation which I will be more than happy to forward you.
    Should this message be sent to the wrong address, please forward it to its rightful addressee. Thank you.
    Kind regards,

ALSO JAPANESE SWORD COLLECTORS ETC"

This guy really is trash , well done guys for keeping us up to date with this crook. It is a shame that the authorities have no interest in watching this guy as much as we do!!! Leon.