Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Period photos of non-combatant helmets

Article about: We have the Stahlhelm period photo thread, but not an equivalent for the non-combatant helmets of the Third Reich (as far as I'm aware). I thought this would be interesting, I imagine many o

Default Period photos of non-combatant helmets

We have the Stahlhelm period photo thread, but not an equivalent for the non-combatant helmets of the Third Reich (as far as I'm aware). I thought this would be interesting, I imagine many of you have or know of some good pictures to post. I have searched for photos before but have found next to nothing, so hopefully people can get this going! Post Luftschutz, Polizei, Feuerwehr...etc.

I have none unfortunately, but I will post anything I do come across!

-Mat

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Period photos of non-combatant helmets
    P
    Many

Default Re: Period photos of non-combatant helmets

Beaded Luftschutz helmet here.

Mat
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Period photos of non-combatant helmets  

i would love to see a period photo of my Polizei helmet, ive never seen one in any of the films/hundreds of TR based programs on the history/military channels!

I don't think I have either! Nor in any photos, though surely there must be many of them around. I just purchased a Polizei helmet from a forum member, which made me think to start this thread. Hopefully someone has some pictures to post.

Mat

?

Is this what you want?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Period photos of non-combatant helmets   Period photos of non-combatant helmets  

JEDEM DAS SEINE

Hi Zwerge, thanks for posting. Those pictures are of Feldpolizei (the correct term I think?), though I'm hoping for images of civil organisation members such as the regular police. Still, I particularly like the 2nd photo, and I'd love to own one of those helmets one day!

Mat

Hi Mat, the 2nd colour photo posted by Pete shows memebers of the 4th SS Polizei Division. Note the SS sleeve eagle. The photo was taken in France in 1940. The Division at this early stage of the war wore a mixture of SS and Police insignia.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thanks for the info Ade. I initially thought they were Wehrmacht, though I then noticed the distinctive SS sleeve eagles.

Mat

Two pics from the Luftschutz
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Period photos of non-combatant helmets  
    Attached Images Attached Images Period photos of non-combatant helmets 
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

The top photo makes me wonder what role that young boy was serving. Great post.

Mat

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast