Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Picked up German helmet from vet,

Article about: I have this helmet that was picked up in Tunisia, at Bizerte north Africa. The us vet did art work on helmet. There is a marking under the brim A 104, could that be a unit marking. There is

Default Picked up German helmet from vet,

I have this helmet that was picked up in Tunisia, at Bizerte north Africa. The us vet did art work on helmet. There is a marking under the brim A 104, could that be a unit marking. There is also a name tag in side on liner. Also same named under layer of paint. Is it possible to trace soldier? I hope the picture show up I'm new to this forum please be patient with me.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Picked up German helmet from vet,  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Picked up German helmet from vet,
    P
    Many

More pic
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Picked up German helmet from vet,   Picked up German helmet from vet,  

Picked up German helmet from vet,   Picked up German helmet from vet,  

MAP
    ?

Welcome to the forum.

As a first time poster, better pictures are needed but from what I can see, I see no red flags. Nice that it is named and has what appears to be unit / company level markings.

If you really do have the provenance from the Vet (please document if at all possible), being a "true" DAK this would have been a great helmet without the "vet art"

As far as the Vet Art....personally I love it. Adds to the history, but it does decrease the value to many collectors.

Regards,

Michael
    Last edited by MAP; 10-03-2016 at 03:52 AM. Reason: I hate auto correct....
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

MAP
    ?

I think I see the outline of a Luft decal on this M35. Can you tell us the size and maker.

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Nice looking lid!

Here are a couple of more pic's one is the vet himself holding the helmet right before giving it to me. The other is the inscription o u der side of brim. Sorry for lousy pics still learning how to navigate this site. He also gave me a bayonet and ammo pouch. Do I have to start another thread or can I show them on this one. Thanks for the comments.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Picked up German helmet from vet,   Picked up German helmet from vet,  

I definitely Like the helmet and the story that goes with it too! A very cool item! (And yes, I'd suggest you start a new thread on the other piece) Welcome to the Forum!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

I saw this helmet on USM forum and have always liked it. Great helmet
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Hi, while I certainly do not doubt the "back story" on this one for once, I will say that that is not DAK tan paint. There is no "pinkish" hue showing on these images to suggest that is the case. I do have no doubt though that this is a helmet that was "vet art" from the period and is every bit as interesting all the same. A fine purchase, well done. Leon.

MAP
    ?

Leon,

While the holy grail of DAK helmets are the "pink" ones, I remember a thread over at GHW that had photos of piles of POW discarded DAK helmets. Believe it or not, most were not Pink and many were not even tan.

So, yes, if it is the true "pink" DAK color there is no doubt they were there, but not all tan DAK helmets had this color. Thus I would believe a "tan" helmet could be a true DAK if it came with the right provenance.

Just my thoughts....

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast