Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Picture deletion and off site photo hosting

Article about: As some of you will have noticed this seems to be more of a problem recently, but lets not forget what BENVK did when he left. Other threads recently have had images removed by members who w

Default Picture deletion and off site photo hosting

As some of you will have noticed this seems to be more of a problem recently, but lets not forget what BENVK did when he left. Other threads recently have had images removed by members who were pissed off.

Perhaps it is time -if possible- to remove the ability of members of any type other than mods to be able to delete images after a set short time period, maybe 1 hour would suffice.

Also I think we need to ban the use of off site photo hosting, though this would probably mean that we the mods would have to close down or delete threads after a warning that the use of off site hosting would result in such an action taking place.

Missing images from threads is a real pain and destroys their value and means that any replies given were largely a waste of the posters time. Also new users often post images, usually of fake items and then delete the images when they discover their new found treasure was a fake and also these are the people who most often use off site image hosting.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

If technically possible with vB4 I think it would be a good idea also to restrict image deletion to mods and admin.
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

To add onto on the prior thread here is to attach photo delete option on the administrative drop down box since we hhave abilities already in place on moving and inverting posts and threads and also post deletions. Also set up a spam option for photo hosting sites or a filter that has been mentioned before to pick out these sites. At least for now the option added to the drop down box .
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

I agree 100% if it is possible.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Quote by Anon View Post
    Also I think we need to ban the use of off site photo hosting
    I have been a staunch proponent of this since the forums inception. Unfortunately, according to Dimas, deleting the option to attach images using outside image hosting sites is not possible.

Perhaps we can look into it again Dim?

Fellow collectors are NOT adversaries to be bested...

☭ "Ричик, я не понимаю, почему, почему ты тратишь деньги на эти вещи!" ☭

Quote by Anon View Post
    Perhaps it is time -if possible- to remove the ability of members of any type other than mods to be able to delete images after a set short time period, maybe 1 hour would suffice.
    I am all for that...

Quote by RichieC View Post
    I have been a staunch proponent of this since the forums inception. Unfortunately, according to Dimas, deleting the option to attach images using outside image hosting sites is not possible.

Though it would mean more work for the mods, it is possible to give warnings and then delete/close threads where non compliance is noted if a built in option cannot be found.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

...and while we are at it; non Gold Club members should not be able to place ads in the classifieds. Also, a "solid" (non ""nice hat" and "thanks 4 sharing" types) fifty post restriction to Gold Club members should also apply.

Quote by Anon View Post
    Though it would mean more work for the mods, it is possible to give warnings and then delete/close threads where non compliance is noted if a built in option cannot be found.
    I have tried this in the past, but it is indeed tedious. However, I suppose with attentive vigilance from all of us, it could help.

Quote by RichieC View Post

A case in point: http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/german...5/#post1264761

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast