Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Please assist with Camo type - M35 helmet

Article about: Good day gents, Ive had this M35 in my collection for a while now but could never really determine what Theatre of the war the helmet camo might be from. Italian, Normandy? Could you please

Default Please assist with Camo type - M35 helmet

Good day gents, Ive had this M35 in my collection for a while now but could never really determine what Theatre of the war the helmet camo might be from. Under the paint and bottom of the helmet the parade green can still be seen. This would not be for the lack of research but I just cannot pin the colour down. Could you please assist me in this? Kind regards Mardo
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Please assist with Camo type - M35 helmet   Please assist with Camo type - M35 helmet  

Please assist with Camo type - M35 helmet   Please assist with Camo type - M35 helmet  

Please assist with Camo type - M35 helmet   Please assist with Camo type - M35 helmet  

Last edited by vanheerden01; 05-10-2018 at 02:48 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Please assist with Camo type - M35 helmet
    P
    Many

Hi Mardo
    Welcome here
    Interesting helmet I would like to see better images of. If the camo is period done, which it may be, it could be any theatre of combat from Africa to Eastern Europe. There is no way to tell on this. It seems to be a sand mixture..."Sud front"...DAK ???
    It is obviously not ordnance paint...it could have been obtained anyplace

Thank you so much. Ill do more close ups of the paint as well.

I have a feeling the helmet was cleaned from black paint.

i've added more close-ups for you. Paint is smooth to the touch. thanks for looking!

Hi, thanks for assisting. I cannot find any black paint on this, only rust, followed by the parade green and then the tan camo.

Hi, resembles a fine grain concrete mix or a sand cammo as David mentioned to me. It looks like it was period applied but better high resolution close ups would be good to make a better call. As to theatre, well it could be almost anywhere really. Leon.

Thank you guys!

Quote by Schwerpunkt View Post
    I have a feeling the helmet was cleaned from black paint.
    I can clearly see the black that Frank is referring too - it appears in the scratches and flecked around the vents etc...the inside has NO such residue.
    A common thing to paint them black for use in the post war years - still, a nice recovery job to reveal the original wartime finish.
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "