Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Please comment on this M40 DD

Article about: Need you guys on this one; any thought on what the decals could be? On the right it seems to be a KM decal, or maybe even just a WH that has aged and gone a little yellow, but what on earth

Default Please comment on this M40 DD

Need you guys on this one; any thought on what the decals could be? On the right it seems to be a KM decal, or maybe even just a WH that has aged and gone a little yellow, but what on earth are the decals on the other side??
    Obviously its a reissue lid as the owner states he has removed some paint and found these decals. I only have these two photos for the moment.
    The chinstrap is missing, but it has a good liner. Are some decals German, or are they all post war? Anybody ever seen a green triangle decal somewhere?
    Last question; is it something special, or just a reissue with dodgy decals?
    Thanks for any input!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Please comment on this  M40 DD   Please comment on this  M40 DD  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Please comment on this  M40 DD
    P
    Many

Default Re: Please comment on this M40 DD

Ah, now I have two more pictures of the decals! Looks more WH than KM to me now, but I'll let you guys decide, as you know more one this matter than I do.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Please comment on this  M40 DD   Please comment on this  M40 DD  

It is a heer decal. Not sure on the stuff on the other side...

4md
    ?

yep, heer decal looks ok, the other side, who knows? i would say, like you stated, its a m40 thats been cleaned with old post war decals.
    theres a lot of different decals been applied???