Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Please don't use picture hosting from other picture hosting sites for the forum

Article about: WRF forum has the upload feature. It's quick and easy to use. Browse - select your picture and add as an attachment ( manage attachments button, under the new post/reply edit screen) , do th

?

Default Please don't use picture hosting from other picture hosting sites for the forum

WRF forum has the upload feature. It's quick and easy to use.

Browse - select your picture and add as an attachment ( manage attachments button, under the new post/reply edit screen) , do this procedure over and if you want to add more then one picture to a post.

If you resize your picture to around 800*600 it's even faster to upload, because of a smaller filesize and the optimal size is 100 kb the maximum is 244 kb

Some members still use a hosting site like imageshack or photobucket and they create two problems for the forum.
    1) External pictures make the uploading when opening a thread slower.
    2) The pictures disappear after a certain period. Pictures that disappear leave empty threads which makes them useless.

I checked several of the oldest forum threads and 50% of the threads didn't have any pictures anymore. Those threads are now useless

We think it's important for everyone that this forum can be used as a tool , for old threads to be useful as some can contain important information and discussions.

If anyone needs assistance with this just ask us. I also suggest you check out the FAQ about that.

Thank you.

Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Please don't use picture hosting from other picture hosting sites for the forum
    P
    Many

Default Re: Please don't use picture hosting from other picture hosting sites for the forum

This is really quite an important issue. Please use the forum upload picture hosting software. It is free! And it makes threads more of a permenant resource.

Thanks!

Default Re: Please don't use picture hosting from other picture hosting sites for the forum

Guys, please no more photo hosting links!

I have spent 30 mins this morning re-posting pics!

Hi Guys, a gentle reminder on this issue. I have had to repost 6 lots of pics this morning.

Also please don't post links to auctions, just save the pics and add them to the thread.

Thanks!

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Might it be possible to post this at the top of every section of the forum? New members and even some who have been here a while might not venture to the discussions section and if it is in every section it should lessen the use of off site hosting. Might it also become policy to delete threads using off site hosting, perhaps after a first warning, or close them with a notification as to why they were closed?
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

The use of off site photo hosting is still taking place as is the number of threads with missing images because of this. This needs to stop, also the deletion of images by members throwing their toys out of the pram will be treated harshly in future and is likely to result in a ban. Use of off site photo hosting will result in the deletion of any threads in which they are found in future.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Also please don't post links to auctions, just save the pics and add them to the thread.
    This is also something that has become quite tedious for us. We will no longer make the request for this nor post the images to and for anybody. We will simply delete the thread.
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

I am new to this sorry! How do I post pictures.

?

Quote by erikthered View Post
    Click the Go Advanced button / manage attachments / a small box will come up where you navigate and upload your photos and insert them into your thread. It takes a bit of playing around but once you get the hang of it it's not too bad.

Quote by erikthered View Post
    Post #4 in this thread.
    New picture posting feature - How to guide !
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)