Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

PLEASE HELP - Camo & Decal - AUTHENTIC??

Article about: Hi, I have been offered this helmet and I would like to know whether the camo and decal appear to be authentic. Would it be odd to have a dome stamp since it is an M42? Thank you in advance.

Default PLEASE HELP - Camo & Decal - AUTHENTIC??

Hi,
    I have been offered this helmet and I would like to know whether the camo and decal appear to be authentic.
    Would it be odd to have a dome stamp since it is an M42?
    Thank you in advance.
    I am trying to get larger photos.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture PLEASE HELP - Camo & Decal - AUTHENTIC??   PLEASE HELP - Camo & Decal - AUTHENTIC??  

Attached Images Attached Images PLEASE HELP - Camo & Decal - AUTHENTIC??  PLEASE HELP - Camo & Decal - AUTHENTIC??  PLEASE HELP - Camo & Decal - AUTHENTIC??  PLEASE HELP - Camo & Decal - AUTHENTIC?? 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement PLEASE HELP - Camo & Decal - AUTHENTIC??
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Yes, dome stamps were used in M42's. It would be nice to see a clear close up of it.

Did the seller at least tell you the maker?

Can't provide any help on the camo given the quality of the pictures. Most of the pictures can't be expanded and the two that can, are very low resolution. Definitely get much better photos (you know, outside, indirect sunlight, etc. etc.)

The decal is weird, I have never seen one where the part is white and the other part is toned with age. At first I thought maybe only part had lacquer on it but don't think so.

It looks like an ET style. I couldn't expand the picture and the glare and chips to the talons leave me no choice but to request you wait for others with more experience. But in what little I can see, the Swastika section almost looks cut out and pasted on. The black background between the arms of the swastika looks different with a different texture than the surrounding area.

Hope it is just my old eyes.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Looks fine.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Something fishy with that decal. The 4th photo shows what looks like a cleaned area around the decal.

Hi, hard to tell for sure from these images but it looks as though this decal is an original that has been lacquered and de-Nazified. The swastika definitely has been cut from another decal and "added on" and that is most probably from a fake. Other than that it looks like a decent M42 although I cannot see the "cammo" from these images. Leon.

Rust bleed through on a helmet that didn't have a lot of paint to start with..... not cammo IMO.
    I agree with Leon on the decal fix too.
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Hi, as the gents have noted, there is certainly a 'rum do' going on with the lower half of the decal.

Thank you all for your input.