Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Please help!! Luftwaffe helmet i am looking at possibly buying

Article about: Hi, I have the opportunity to purchase this helmet for \\$450.00 USD. Any thoughts on authenticity? Also, what is the helmet worth? I realize you may want better photos, if so, what should I a

Default Please help!! Luftwaffe helmet i am looking at possibly buying

Hi,
    I have the opportunity to purchase this helmet for $450.00 USD.
    Any thoughts on authenticity?
    Also, what is the helmet worth?
    I realize you may want better photos, if so, what should I ask the seller for (as far as additional photos)?
    Here is the seller's description:
    M1940 Luftwaffe Single Decal German Helmet This is a nice solid M1940 Luftwaffe German helmet. This WWII Luftwaffe German helmet retains around 90% of the original over-paint. Missing 1 Split pin rivets In Rear others are original to the helmet. This German helmet has the correct zinc galvanized steel banded M1931 liner. The original Luftwaffe decal rates at 85-90% intact. This German helmet is Stampted Q64 and S1434. Liner has some missing leather, Chinstrap MIA
    Thank you in advance

- - ------- - -

more photos
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Please help!! Luftwaffe helmet i am looking at possibly buying   Please help!! Luftwaffe helmet i am looking at possibly buying  

Please help!! Luftwaffe helmet i am looking at possibly buying   Please help!! Luftwaffe helmet i am looking at possibly buying  

Please help!! Luftwaffe helmet i am looking at possibly buying   Please help!! Luftwaffe helmet i am looking at possibly buying  

Attached Images Attached Images Please help!! Luftwaffe helmet i am looking at possibly buying  Please help!! Luftwaffe helmet i am looking at possibly buying 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Please help!! Luftwaffe helmet i am looking at possibly buying
    P
    Many

It looks like a good helmet. $450 seems like a fair price for this one.
    If you can get a nice clear close up of the decal, that would be great. But I see no problems with it.

Nice Luft Q m40 as stated I have one almost like it missing the back rivet also I suspose in today's crazy helmet market four fifty would be a good price. timothy

Looks fine, price is good, but to be safe ask for a close up shot of the decal

Ditto to the above. Knock him down to four bills though.

Cheers, Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Quote by Danmark View Post
    Ditto to the above. Knock him down to four bills though.
    Dan, you are so cheap!

jk, I would do the same

?

I like it. Hope you get it for a price you are comfortable with.

I concur with a close up of the decal. Wouldn't hurt to see pics of the inside of the remaining pins. $450 is a little high, but not horrible. If you can live with $400 ok, ideally maybe 350-375. I'm also a cheap SOB

Quote by helmetone View Post
    I concur with a close up of the decal. Wouldn't hurt to see pics of the inside of the remaining pins. $450 is a little high, but not horrible. If you can live with $400 ok, ideally maybe 350-375. I'm also a cheap SOB
    Hi ,taking into account the condition of the liner and the missing pin, I think Todd is spot on with his valuation, but it is worth whatever the buyer is happy to pay at the end of the day. The decal looks to be a good one but a nice clear close up would not hurt. Leon.

Thank you for all of your help

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast