Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Political Leader Gladiator

Article about: I picked this up off Ebay several weeks after it became Eban. The decals on this helmet are seldom seen. The property stamp in the helmet indicates that it is the property of Gau Sachsen. Ba

Default Re: Political Leader Gladiator

Quote by helmet2id View Post
    An M34 Political Leaders helmet was acquired by a friend of mine off of ebay about 6 or 7 years ago - for an unbelievable $34 dollars!!!!! It was incorrectly described by the seller as a post war repainted fire helmet. The decals were applied VERY LOW on the skirt. My buddy recognized the configuration from his recollection of the 1968 Bozich publication entitled "Collectors Guide - German Relics - Supplement 2 - Headgear" (in which, I believe, Bob C.'s M34 and M35 examples are published) and hit a home run! I am hoping Bob posts his M34 and M35 Political Leaders helmets soon - I am going crazy waiting for them. These are fantastically rare helmets, and for me it is a thrill just to see pictures of them. Thanks to Bob and Ivan for sharing the 2 already posted in this thread. Cheers, Jim G.
    Was that Jules?
    chris

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Political Leader Gladiator
    P
    Many

unapplied decal

Political Leader GladiatorPolitical Leader Gladiator

Oh man I want.... do you think I could get a mortgage on one of those lids? I love this hobby, always something new to learn.

Quote by KradSpam View Post
    Oh man I want.... do you think I could get a mortgage on one of those lids? I love this hobby, always something new to learn.

sometimes it is a lovely hobby, and sometimes it is a frustrating one!! depends on what is available on the marked when you don't have enough cash(as mostly) or to wich collection you are looking at LOL

Great decal.
    Nice find.
    chris

Quote by cricketchris1944 View Post
    Was that Jules?
    chris
    Hi Chris, I spoke to Jules earlier tonight and he said he didn't mind if I identified him. Yes, he was the lucky one who won the M34 Political Leaders helmet in the ebay auction about 7 years ago. I was wrong about the price, however, it was $31, not $34, plus $10 for shipping. It came with a liner that was not attached to the shell, and probably not original to the piece, but the shell, paint, and decals, in the unique area of application, are fantastic. We should all be so lucky! I am hoping Bob has the time to post pictures of his M34 and M35 helmets soon. Jim G.

?

Not one that I have in my collection.
    Very rare helmets nice to see them.
    From the few that I have seen all types of helmet shells were used.
    Not much informations on them.

Quote by helmet2id View Post
    I am hoping Bob has the time to post pictures of his M34 and M35 helmets soon. Jim G.
    I will get the pictures as soon as i locate my copy of Stan Bozich's headgear book published in the late 1960's. I never owned the M-35 as it was already sold when I got together with Ray. The M-34 was sold along with my entire headgear collection in the early 1970's.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Hey Bob,

What do you think such a helmet would be worth? Never seen one. 10 grand?

Hi Bob, I have the Supplement readily available but I don't have the rest of the publication. If the pictures you were going to post are only in the Supplement, let me know and I will post them. Cheers, Jim G.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast