MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

pondering on a purchase.

Article about: Be warned, You will not buy just one. You may think you will, but I guarantee that there will be more to come...

Smile pondering on a purchase.

hello ya'll!

allow me to introduce myself, i am a new member and stumbled on this site using google. it seems there are a lot of experts on german militaria on this site and i thought this would be a good place to start my hobby.

i am looking to purchase a german m35-42 helmet. however because of so many fakes out there, i am afraid to buy one. can any of you guys refer me a decent trust worthy internet or local store that offers one?

also, would any of you know if germanhelmetsdepot a reputable store? how about stalingradmilitaria.?

i have heard on ebay and elsewhere that anything from Estonia or Latvia
    are most likely fake. is that true?

what is the average price a shell goes for without a strap or any of the interior leather pieces? also, i would love to have a battle damaged shell. are these available? how rare are they?

i do know some variations such as the waffen ss are higher in price than others. but what about just the german miliary.

thanks guys. hope i can get some help! thanks again.!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement pondering on a purchase.
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: pondering on a purchase.

ddsdaggers.com offer a lifetime guarantee on all items,...

Quote by jws54 View Post
    ddsdaggers.com offer a lifetime guarantee on all items,...
    The guy's looking for helmets and that's the best site you can send him to ? You must have a special interest it that site.
    They only have two ?!

Quote by rusted180 View Post
    hello ya'll!

allow me to introduce myself, i am a new member and stumbled on this site using google. it seems there are a lot of experts on german militaria on this site and i thought this would be a good place to start my hobby.

i am looking to purchase a german m35-42 helmet. however because of so many fakes out there, i am afraid to buy one. can any of you guys refer me a decent trust worthy internet or local store that offers one?

also, would any of you know if germanhelmetsdepot a reputable store? how about stalingradmilitaria.?

i have heard on ebay and elsewhere that anything from Estonia or Latvia
    are most likely fake. is that true?

what is the average price a shell goes for without a strap or any of the interior leather pieces? also, i would love to have a battle damaged shell. are these available? how rare are they?

i do know some variations such as the waffen ss are higher in price than others. but what about just the german miliary.

thanks guys. hope i can get some help! thanks again.!
    Many many questions. Think about what you really like to have. Which branch , condition. Why not spend a little more for a complete helmet ? Soldiers didn't wear bare shells on their heads so a helmet with original liner and chinstrap is what I'd look for.
    Don't forget a helmet needn't be ground dug in order for it to have seen combat. That's a common misconception.

Start with a good helmet book and get acqainted with them then decide what you want , make sure to run any purchase you consider by the forum. Certainly avoid ebay and other auction sites.
    I would suggest taking a look at the for sale section here and on other forums.

yeah, your right. i do need to research more. im educating myself on the internet, but i have been meaning to get a good book on collecting. thanks for your input. any more help would be great fellas!

?

Schwerpunkt has told you correctly,...education is foremost,...

any recommendations on some good books? just want some opinions.. thanks again guys!

Well, for example I have right now 7 German helmets for sell, please look at the selling section of this forum. There are really many fakes around, but mostly FJ or SS helmets with liner and paint. My helmets are all 100% originals and found in Estonia. So not every item that comes from Estonia is a fake:-)

yes, i pmd you. thanks

?

Quote by rusted180 View Post
    ...im educating myself on the internet, .....
    Thats an oxymoron, like Military Intelligence. There is more garbage on the internet than any single source so be careful your education is at a "good school".
    Ken N's book is the basic for starting off in helmets and will cover most of the bases. Its all you need and a must have for any collector of German helmets. You can get it directly from him at German Helmets Inc

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast